Jon Stewart and the Oscars

Anyone catch the Academy Awards last night? Jon Stewart, host of the best show on TV, “The Daily Show,” hosted and was great!

My favorite joke was when he pointed out Steven Spielberg in the audience and said: “Spielberg, he made Schindler’s List, then he made Munich - I can’t wait to see what happens to us Jews next! Triology!!!”

Jon Stewart is wasted on the Oscars.

The jokes just werent THAT funny. They were just Too politically correct.

Now…If hed gone on a Michael Moore rant…that would have been great.

Did anyone watch the Jon Stewart Show last night? I tried to add the guest speaker on there (Demitri) on Myspace as he apparently had an account. :laughing:

He did a talk on Myspace which was pretty funny and ironic.

[quote=“poolboy”]Anyone catch the Academy Awards last night? Jon Stewart, host of the best show on TV, “The Daily Show,” hosted and was great!

My favorite joke was when he pointed out Steven Spielberg in the audience and said: “Spielberg, he made Schindler’s List, then he made Munich - I can’t wait to see what happens to us Jews next! Triology!!!”[/quote]

That was hilarious. He did a great job. I liked the opening segment where he was dreaming about Halle Berry being in bed with him, closed his eyes again and then was excited that Clooney was there. Very funny.

[quote=“Trotsky”]Jon Stewart is wasted on the Oscars.

The jokes just werent THAT funny. They were just Too politically correct.

Now…If hed gone on a Michael Moore rant…that would have been great.[/quote]

It’s true he could have been more risque but a PC Stewart is still funnier than most.

Another one of his I liked is when he was making a plea against movie piracy, saying culprits are taking money away from the people in the audience and “some of these women could barely afford enough fabric to cover their bosoms.” :smiley:

I thought Jon Stewart did a great job. I, for one, hope he does it again next year.

Besides Stewart’s performance as host, what did everyone think of the award winners?

[quote=“stanley19”]I thought Jon Stewart did a great job. I, for one, hope he does it again next year.

Besides Stewart’s performance as host, what did everyone think of the award winners?[/quote]

I thought Reese Witherspoon was smokin’!!!

The “movie piracy” joke could have been great with a little harsher critacism towards the Rich.

As for Crash winning best picture…BULLSHIT.

[quote=“Trotsky”]The “movie piracy” joke could have been great with a little harsher critacism towards the Rich.

As for Crash winning best picture…BULLSHIT.

[/quote]

Boy you sure bought into what that guy wrote on his webpage. Don’t be afraid to think for yourself.

I personally thought Crash was a great film.

Did you read the review?

Crash may have been entertaining but it did not address an real issues.

“Oh no, people are racist”

Wow.

Wait…no…“EVERYONE is racist.” ok…Ive got the theme down pat now. So if all minorities are racist…as the film implies…can I put my burning cross back up on my lawn?

I cannot say which should have won best picture as Crash is the only one of the bunch that I have seen. I do think that it addresses more than “Oh no, people are racist” as Trotsky puts it.
There were alot of stereotypes in the movie that proved to be false. It also taught not to make assumptions. The locksmith having a tattoo on his neck and a shaved head was assumed to be a gang member. The black guy who was shot by the Ryan Phillippe character was assumed to have a gun so he was shot. I also think that it had alot to do about people in general and that we all have struggles. The Matt Dillon character I hated when he molested the black lady that he stopped but I also felt sorry for him for the medical issues that his father was going through. I could go on but the movie went deep with alot of characters so I’ll stop here.

I thought that it was a very good film.

It was a good film, soooo intense in a number of parts. I haven’t seen brokeback mountain though so I can’t complain about something that’s too late to fix and cry and stuf.

[quote=“fingahz”]I cannot say which should have won best picture as Crash is the only one of the bunch that I have seen. I do think that it addresses more than “Oh no, people are racist” as Trotsky puts it.
There were alot of stereotypes in the movie that proved to be false. It also taught not to make assumptions. The locksmith having a tattoo on his neck and a shaved head was assumed to be a gang member. The black guy who was shot by the Ryan Phillippe character was assumed to have a gun so he was shot. I also think that it had alot to do about people in general and that we all have struggles. The Matt Dillon character I hated when he molested the black lady that he stopped but I also felt sorry for him for the medical issues that his father was going through. I could go on but the movie went deep with alot of characters so I’ll stop here.

I thought that it was a very good film.[/quote]

Fingahz, are you living inside my brain? That was exactly how felt about the movie. Through the whole thing, there was only one person that behaved consistently towards others, the locksmith. The writer showed that we all (society) have good points and bad points and that it is hard to judge someone on the basis of one interaction. Basically, nobodies perfect and we all have issues to deal with.

Uh, not quite right. Turns out I’m perfect. Just found out the other day. Cool.

Oh, so you’re the one. I knew somebody on HTML was perfect, I just didn’t realize it was you. Well done!

Illywhacker wrote:

Yes I am in fact living in your brain. That explains that annoying twitch and your compulsive masturbating.

The twitch is only annoying when I’m not masturbating, otherwise it’s quite helpful.

Terrific!!! Glad that I can help.

[quote=“Illywhacker”]

Oh, so you’re the one. I knew somebody on HTML was perfect, I just didn’t realize it was you. Well done![/quote]

Oh stop it you two, MiG's gonna be really pissed when figures out it's not him. But you didn't really think a movie about gay cowboys was gonna get the best picture oscar did ya? As politically correct as they would have us believe they are, there are still far too many rednecks in America for this to happen, although if it was two Lesbian cowgirls, the outcome could have been far different. Giddyup.

Yeah, I knew somebody on Hypertext Markup Language was perfect…