Join Our Team!!
Seashore Charters is a dynamic business that is seeking high energy, friendly, reliable individuals with an ongoing eagerness to learn. We are committed to creating a high quality tourism experience for our guests and a positive and professional environment for our team members.
Job Opportunity: Tour Guide
Summary: This position involves leading groups of guests on guided boat tours and educating guests in a professional, entertaining manner. It is the responsibility of the guide to create a safe and comfortable experience. The ability to follow itineraries and maintain open lines of communication with all staff is essential. Tour guides will be prepared to speak on a wide variety of topics.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Previous tourism and/or boating experience
• Interest in local history and wildlife of the North Coast
• Creative methods of communication
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Adaptable to change and able to find creative solutions when necessary
• Willing to take ownership of position and demonstrate a pride in accomplishment
• Marine certifications
• Knowledge of a second language an asset
If you are interested in joining our team, seeing the community from a new perspective on a daily basis, and working together to consistently meet and exceed guest expectations, please submit a resume, with cover letter and references to Whitney Magliocchi, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application Deadline: April 22, 2011
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, Aboriginal people and minorities. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and will be in contact with those candidates we wish to interview.