Jennifer Rice wins nomination

there were posts on it and it mysteriously dissappeared who knows how or why but some other post on Adrian Dix that I made also dissappeared, and others did hear that same comment on the radio last year even some councilors heard it.

I know the NDP bandwagon will try to deny it ever occured to put her in a better light, but that is for her spin doctors to worry about not for those that heard her make those comments on the radio last year, and it is quite simple actually just state publicly if you are for LNG development or not? election isn’t that far away so what is the harm? is she scared to make an actual statement on it?

[quote=“Jabber63”]there were posts on it and it mysteriously dissappeared who knows how or why but some other post on Adrian Dix that I made also dissappeared, and others did hear that same comment on the radio last year even some councilors heard it.

I know the NDP bandwagon will try to deny it ever occured to put her in a better light, but that is for her spin doctors to worry about not for those that heard her make those comments on the radio last year, and it is quite simple actually just state publicly if you are for LNG development or not? election isn’t that far away so what is the harm? is she scared to make an actual statement on it?[/quote]

It’s a tactic used by the NDP from the top down. In interviews with CKNW and BCTV, Dix refused to answer direct questions on several issues. It’s like they are too worried to take a stand on anything and piss anyone off, so they say nothing. Dix just rambles on and simply deflects questions time and again.

Tactic used by the NDP? I’m pretty sure that’s standard playbook for all the parties, sadly. Not to mention press people for large businesses, and myself as a teenager if there was something I’d done wrong that I didn’t want to admit. :smile:

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

It’s a tactic used by the NDP from the top down. In interviews with CKNW and BCTV, Dix refused to answer direct questions on several issues. It’s like they are too worried to take a stand on anything and piss anyone off, so they say nothing. Dix just rambles on and simply deflects questions time and again.[/quote]

Not sure what interview you watched on Global but I thought Dix was pretty clear here. He has been saying that he will raise corporate taxes back to the 2008 level. He will put a minimum tax on banks. He will not promise everything to everybody. He will set priorities - like skill training so BC kids will be ready to work in the fields that become available.

globaltvbc.com/video/adrian+ … 32#stories

If people are looking for every detail right now, they will just have to be patient. That’s what elections campaigns are for. I am sure Ms Rice and Mr Dix will be very clear on their complete campaign platform when it is finalized in time for the May election.

As to all parties having rotten apples. There is no doubt. Harcourt paid the price for Bingogate. Clark and Dix paid a price but if Tsamukis is correct they paid a price for a police investigation that shouldn’t have occurred and was politically motivated and manipulated.

What we have to look at right now is the current group of politicians. In 2001 I did not like Glen Clark probably because of the way he was portrayed in the media. Jim Pattison seems to think he is OK now. People change. The Liberals have policies that we can disagree with for sure and elections can be won and lost on those issues. But right now - and I know I am repeating myself - the current group of Liberals are coming across as people that I may not agree with, but more importantly as people that I cannot trust.

BTW, I tried to find the interview with Christy Clark but when I typed in global bc interview with christy clark nothing showed up.

For the people who heard the interview with Ms. Rice on CBC…it will be interesting if she even acknowledges that it did indeed happen.

If she has changed her view on LNG on the North Coast…fair enough…people change their minds…I hope she realizes how important these projects are to this riding’s future…I would love to see her become an advocate for these projects development…since it is pretty much a sure bet the NDP will carry this riding.

I know she has her own personal views…but as a politician she needs to look beyond that and look at what is best for the people she is representing. This riding has one of the highest unemployment rates in the province…these projects would certainly put a dent in those rates.

I wouldn’t take to heart any right wing blog or editorial, especially Tsamukis who can make a point but could also leave out certain facts, sort of like Beck, Limbaugh and company do when they try to discredit President Obama, yes they all make good arguments but if you delve deeper i’m sure they leave out lots of facts, and the case against Glen Clark might have been political but and I quote

“Conflict of Interest Commissioner H.A.D. Oliver concluded that Clark had violated conflict of interest laws in British Columbia. However, Clark was acquitted of all criminal charges on August 29, 2002. Justice Elizabeth Bennett of the Supreme Court of British Columbia ruled that “there is nothing in his conduct that crosses the line from an act of folly to behaviour calling for criminal sanctions.””

enough to be in conflict but not enough to get a verdict of guilty in a court of law, but I have a question for Adrian Dix if you thought your boss was innocent why did you alter the evidence? simple question to answer as well.
and yes Jennifer Rice should come out and state where she stands on the LNG development in our area. as for acknowledgeding if it happen or not didn’t her campaign manager post here that

" Hi Everyone,

My name is Lee Brain, I’ve worked on Jen’s municipal campaign, as well as assisted on her current NDP nomination campaign.

I appreciate people’s passion here, but unfortunately assumptions are being made, and statements have been said that are just not based on factual information.

Just to be clear, Jennifer Rice has never been on record speaking out against LNG. I’m not exactly sure where you got that from. My guess is that you are confusing her stance on the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipeline Project, which she has been a clear advocate against that particular development."

so if he is speaking for her there is her answer about that CBC interview which alot of ppl heard ,and yes it was on LNG, but apparently she never said

Have you asked CBC for a copy of the interview? When was it?

can’t remember it was sometime last year heard it around 930 am it was during their news update

Of course opponents of a political party will write in a manner that most supports their point of view. But the fact remains that Tsamukis is a conservative (at least economically) who worked for Brian Mulroney and Bill VanderZalm, who passionately despises the left leaning Vancouver City Council, hates the BCTF (although he supports teachers) and likes Stephen Harper. So when somebody like him attacks a right leaning government, and not just on policy, but what he sees as corruption, then it might be time to listen.

However, if you don’t like right wing bloggers, you might like this from a left leaning blog site. It is the results of an Angus Reid poll that speaks to the character of Christy Clark and Adrian Dix.

northerninsights.blogspot.ca/

[quote=“DWhite”]

Of course opponents of a political party will write in a manner that most supports their point of view. But the fact remains that Tsamukis is a conservative (at least economically) who worked for Brian Mulroney and Bill VanderZalm, who passionately despises the left leaning Vancouver City Council, hates the BCTF (although he supports teachers) and likes Stephen Harper. So when somebody like him attacks a right leaning government, and not just on policy, but what he sees as corruption, then it might be time to listen.

However, if you don’t like right wing bloggers, you might like this from a left leaning blog site. It is the results of an Angus Reid poll that speaks to the character of Christy Clark and Adrian Dix.

northerninsights.blogspot.ca/[/quote]

I don’t read left wing bloggers. And I don’t read right wing bloggers either. The nature of blogging seems to be a vehicle for your beliefs and it is easy for the blogger to omit facts that go against their point of view.

The bigger issue for me is this; People say they are tired of Christy Clark, so they are willing to give Dix a try. But this is a major political shift, and I would hope people would take into account the ramifications of it and not just for a change of a face at the top. Every two weeks I look at my paycheque and cringe at the deductions. Between federal and provincial income tax, sales tax, property tax, fuel tax, levy’s etc. I pay a shit load. And what scares me about an NDP government is that they are going to want to take more of it. And in particular when government employees, who may already make more than me, have more leave time, work less hours and have a better pension than me, stand to benefit from me paying more, it really pisses me off.

^^
Well get ready…this is what an NDP government looked like in the past AND will look like again for next forseeable future. It is a GIVEN that personal and corporate tax rates will be going up when the NDP form government.

The only workers benefiting from an NDP government are public workers…private sector employers AND employees get screwed AND pay the bills for wage increases, more paid time off, stress leave, inflated pensions (that public workers believe they have earned!) and all the other bullshit that goes with public employment!

The NDP = financial raping of the BC private sector at the benefit of the public sector.

[quote=“Jabber63”]there were posts on it and it mysteriously dissappeared who knows how or why but some other post on Adrian Dix that I made also dissappeared, and others did hear that same comment on the radio last year even some councilors heard it.

I know the NDP bandwagon will try to deny it ever occured to put her in a better light, but that is for her spin doctors to worry about not for those that heard her make those comments on the radio last year, and it is quite simple actually just state publicly if you are for LNG development or not? election isn’t that far away so what is the harm? is she scared to make an actual statement on it?[/quote]

Where is the PROOF. So tired of people saying stuff about what people say without anything to back it up. She doesn’t have to make any statement’s about anything if she doesn’t want too.

Why don’t all you people complaining try running for something in your life and see how it is.

[quote=“Incognito”]

Where is the PROOF. So tired of people saying stuff about what people say without anything to back it up. She doesn’t have to make any statement’s about anything if she doesn’t want too.

Why don’t all you people complaining try running for something in your life and see how it is.[/quote]

So let me get this straight…no one is allowed to complain about a politician unless you RUN for some form of office??

That statement is truly ridiculous!

And your right, she doesn’t have to say anything at all…the more she keeps quiet about LNG…the more obvious her stance becomes.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

I don’t read left wing bloggers. And I don’t read right wing bloggers either. The nature of blogging seems to be a vehicle for your beliefs and it is easy for the blogger to omit facts that go against their point of view.[/quote]

I am not suggesting that you believe or even read any bloggers, but if you are leaving yourself to only the MSM with its own set of biases and omissions then you are not hearing all sides of the story either. Tsamukis, Laila Yuile, Harvey Oberfeld, and Norm Farrell give a wide range of opinions and are followed by a large number of readers with differing points of view.

I am sorry that after 12 years of the Liberals and six or so years of Harper’s Conservatives that you cringe at the shitload of taxes that you pay.

[quote=“bthedog”]
And your right, she doesn’t have to say anything at all…the more she keeps quiet about LNG…the more obvious her stance becomes.[/quote]

So her silence on an issue proves her position. And I am not even sure if she has been silent. But seriously, are you expecting her to make her official statement on LNG on HTMF.

She has just been nominated to represent a political party in a particular region. It would be foolish of her to make any big statements until she is fully aware of her own party’s position and how her personal opinions fit in with the party platform.

And maybe she does have concerns about LNG. Some of it may have to do with how it is extracted. Some of it may have to do with how it is transported. Some of it may have to do with who the final customer might be. Being concerned about something and trying to find the best way to ensure that LNG is used properly and safely does not mean someone is against a project. I would hope that whoever forms the government is prudent and cautious about certain projects rather than blasting ahead without care.

[quote=“DWhite”]

I am sorry that after 12 years of the Liberals and six or so years of Harper’s Conservatives that you cringe at the shitload of taxes that you pay.[/quote]

Right, and the last thing I want is for the government to take more. And history tells me that an NDP government is going to lick its chops at my salary and take just a little more to feed its ‘agenda’.

[quote=“DWhite”]

Sigh…I guess having an opposing/skeptical view to the NDP golden promise must make me some kind of uneducated idiot that expects politicians to make official statements on internet message boards. Please…take your condescending “seriously” and get over yourself DWhite.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

[quote=“DWhite”]

I am sorry that after 12 years of the Liberals and six or so years of Harper’s Conservatives that you cringe at the shitload of taxes that you pay.[/quote]

Right, and the last thing I want is for the government to take more. And history tells me that an NDP government is going to lick its chops at my salary and take just a little more to feed its ‘agenda’.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

[quote=“DWhite”]

Right, and the last thing I want is for the government to take more. And history tells me that an NDP government is going to lick its chops at my salary and take just a little more to feed its ‘agenda’.[/quote]

And this is where we come down to trust. In the year end interview Dix said that corporate taxes would be raised to the 2008 level which is still below what they were in 2001. He made no mention of personal income taxes. You can believe him or not. That is certainly your prerogative. However, the current government’s failure to follow through on certain promises - we won’t sell BCRail, we won’t cut contracts, the HST is not on our radar, the budget deficit is only 500M, as well as the 6M to Basi-Virk to essentially shut them up, the cost overruns on several projects, the appearance of sweetheart deals on power projects, strikes closer to home than anything that happened 12-15 years ago.

On top of that, I clearly remember the local election of 2001. We were given a choice between an inexperienced person who would be a small voice in a very tiny opposition or an inexperienced person who would be a member of the governing caucus. And how did that work out?

And now he is under investigation for perhaps inappropriate lobbying. And whether or not he has done anything wrong ethically or legally doesn’t bother me so much as the fact that he actually represents Sun Wave. At one time, the people of Prince Rupert voted him with the expectation of his helping this city. And I know that he is now a public citizen and can do anything he wants. And I know that somebody has to represent Sun Wave. I get all that. And I get that the city may not be completely innocent of all that has gone on during the this Watson Island debacle. But to have a person who at one time had been entrusted to look after the people of Prince Rupert and is now looking out for a company that cares not a whit for Prince Rupert and has caused us nothing but headaches, looks - well - just very Liberal.

[quote=“bthedog”]

[quote=“DWhite”]

So her silence on an issue proves her position. And I am not even sure if she has been silent. But seriously, are you expecting her to make her official statement on LNG on HTMF.

Sigh…I guess having an opposing/skeptical view to the NDP golden promise must make me some kind of uneducated idiot that expects politicians to make official statements on internet message boards. Please…take your condescending “seriously” and get over yourself DWhite.[/quote]

I don’t find you an idiot at all. We disagree. But people on HTMF are demanding that Ms Rice make a statement. She may or may not read these boards. People, including one of her campaign workers have told you and others to phone her and find out exactly where she stands. Instead we are told to believe a half remembered interview from some time ago. Like you I will be interested to hear what she says, but unlike you I am not going to judge her silence as defining her position.

And I am pretty sure I got over myself a long time ago. I didn’t mean to be insulting by asking the question. I hope you weren’t intending to be insulting by your response.