Jennifer Rice wins nomination

I hear Jennifer Rice won the NDP nomination for the North Coast riding.

Yes, she did. I was at the nomination convention today.

Voting results released?

Anything to get rid of the liberals!

Indeed. I supported Joanna at today’s convention. But, we need to get rid of the Liberals.

Be careful what you wish for.

Results were 180 for Jennifer and 116 for Joanna…posted on CFTK so hope they have the numbers correct. Was an excellent voter turnout and now the work begins to win the riding in May.

Yup, here’s the CFTK link: cftktv.com/news/story.aspx?ID=1872515

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

Be careful what you wish for.[/quote]

Even Albertans think Christy’s BC Liberals are retarded.

[quote=“PLA”]

Even Albertans think Christy’s BC Liberals are retarded.[/quote]

I am hopeful Ms. Clark et al will form the official opposition in May. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“PLA”]

Even Albertans think Christy’s BC Liberals are retarded.[/quote]

I am hopeful Ms. Clark et al will form the official opposition in May. :smile:[/quote]

She would quit before she even becomes opposition leader. lol

Btw, while admiring Jennifer’s environmental work, she should first and foremost recognize that Rupert’s economic health is a top concern.

And Albertans are the authority, I guess.

Yeah, Christy has said some things I just don’t agree with, and Dix just waffles and won’t say anything. And I really don’t want to start getting into political debates right now, but it is my opinion that in general our province does better with a right leaning government, and things usually end up bad when we are under NDP governance. I do think that every 8 or 10 years a change is needed, I just wish it was more along the lines of a conservative / (true) Liberal choice. I don’t have much use for left politics.

Indeed! I was being quite silly with my previous post. :smile:
Ms. Clark will be forced out in a leadership convention if she loses in May. The primary job of a party leader is to win elections.

That is why democracy is a wonderful thing. The people choose. It is not over yet. I am not counting out the Liberals yet. I donated some cash to the NDP today.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]And Albertans are the authority, I guess.

Yeah, Christy has said some things I just don’t agree with, and Dix just waffles and won’t say anything. And I really don’t want to start getting into political debates right now, but it is my opinion that in general our province does better with a right leaning government, and things usually end up bad when we are under NDP governance. I do think that every 8 or 10 years a change is needed, I just wish it was more along the lines of a conservative / (true) Liberal choice. I don’t have much use for left politics.[/quote]

Actually, all does BC needs is accountability regardless of political ideology. If you think the BC Liberals are good for the province and deserve another 4 years, then why the heck I’m living comfortably in Alberta now?

Yes, Alberta has a Progressive Conservative government, but they’re not as retarded as the BC Liberals.

[quote=“PLA”]
Actually, all does BC needs is accountability regardless of political ideology. [/quote]

The Liberals are accountable. BC voters will pass judgement on the government in May. I will not vote for a party that arrogantly ignores the will of the people. The HST was soundly defeated, but we are still paying the tax.

Christie Clark is no Gordon Campbell. I’m undecided as to how I’m going to vote but its unfair to pin our regions mis-fortunes on the Liberals. Our economy is re-building under the Liberals and Federal Conservatives. Mining, importing / exporting of goods. There have been other issues that have made me unhappy with the Liberals though which leave me completely undecided.

[quote=“PLA”]

[quote=“crazy Horse”]And Albertans are the authority, I guess.

Yeah, Christy has said some things I just don’t agree with, and Dix just waffles and won’t say anything. And I really don’t want to start getting into political debates right now, but it is my opinion that in general our province does better with a right leaning government, and things usually end up bad when we are under NDP governance. I do think that every 8 or 10 years a change is needed, I just wish it was more along the lines of a conservative / (true) Liberal choice. I don’t have much use for left politics.[/quote]

Actually, all does BC needs is accountability regardless of political ideology. If you think the BC Liberals are good for the province and deserve another 4 years, then why the heck I’m living comfortably in Alberta now?

Yes, Alberta has a Progressive Conservative government, but they’re not as retarded as the BC Liberals.[/quote]

Alberta is going into the shitter in a big hurry. All that oil sent away and still running a deficet,6 billion shortfall this year and will get much worse soon because nobody is going to take that oil. Flaherty thinks there will be no keystone pipeline,kinder morgan and enbridge will not happen, building up so much capacity and now what?
Alberta has had boom or bust mentality, and a bust is in the near future. Getting 1/2 price for oil now,you be paying the yanks to take it soon,lol,getting 1/2 price now and they will squeeze harder knowing there is no real option in the near future to send it anywhere else.

[quote=“PLA”] If you think the BC Liberals are good for the province and deserve another 4 years, then why the heck I’m living comfortably in Alberta now?
[/quote]

I don’t know why you are living in Alberta. What do you do for a living? What would the NDP do that would make someone like you move to BC?

Not trying to put words in PLA’s mouth, but the fact is that he is in Alberta. The criticism of the NDP in the 90’s was that everybody was moving to Alberta. Are things any different? Or can the Liberals be criticized for the same thing?

In fact, every criticism that was leveled against the NDP in 2001 that resulted in their annihilation at the polls could be leveled today at the Liberals.

disasters like fast ferries = convention centre, stadium roof, Port Mann bridge
fudge-it budget = a $500M deficit during the election of 2009 becoming a $2B deficit just after the election
under the control of big unions = under the bigger control of big business including a gutless MSM
???? = BCRail
???? = HST (especially its implementation and continuation)
???? = the illegal ripping up of contracts in health and educatiion

I am sorry, but no matter how you slice it, the Liberals have been no better than the NDP. For democracy to be seen to be working the Liberals have got to go if only to figure out how to do a better job. If the NDP do a decent job, great. If not, then the Liberals, having renewed themselves, can come back.

But for now, the Liberals have got to go.