I've been robbed!

I’ve had 2 break-ins in the last week. The last one someone came in while I was home. I definitely need to invest in an alarm system. Does anyone know which alarm companies are available in PR? I remember one company coming to town a couple years ago and going door to door. They were very high pressure sales and quite obnoxious so I sent them packing. Is there a “normal” alarm company in town that people are happy with?

Finex PM Security
(250) 627-4826

Thanks Speedy…I’ll give them a call. Are there any other companies so I can do a comparison?

Terrible. I’ve been targetted for car break ins myself (before). You should buy a dog the size of an elephant too. And a conspicous web camera near the problem entrances. If all else fails, impailment traps are good too.

What part of town, what time of day? Reported to police? Any suspects?

Perhaps the new council and Mayor could take an interest in the crime situation around town, offer advice to the constabulary as to where to focus its resources.

I believe the only other “local” alarm companies are based out of Terrace, but do a lot of business in Rupert. Graydon is one. Not sure if there are others.

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

I believe the only other “local” alarm companies are based out of Terrace, but do a lot of business in Rupert. Graydon is one. Not sure if there are others.[/quote]

There is Chubb, but, they charge a lot if you want to have them come and take a look at your system in PR (they need to drive in from Terrace).

It was around half past midnight…all the lights were on…I was up. Burglar just walked right in the second floor balcony…grabbed my purse. I heard a noise and thought it was the dog raiding in the kitchen so I yelled and ran in…I found the door wide open and the dog ran out after him. Everyone make sure you keep all windows and doors locked even when you are home…this guy is not even afraid of dogs.

I’ve got some estimates coming in for security systems…thanks for the suggestions. So far I’ve called Finex and Graydon.

Sounds familiar…so what part of town are you in?May know who it is…

Not surprising, judging by the police presence downtown in front of 7 11 this morning every single cop is on some kind of traffic duty these days.

Omineca. You think you know who might be breaking into houses? Wow…do tell. Tell us!

[quote=“calee”]It was around half past midnight…all the lights were on…I was up. Burglar just walked right in the second floor balcony…grabbed my purse. I heard a noise and thought it was the dog raiding in the kitchen so I yelled and ran in…I found the door wide open and the dog ran out after him. Everyone make sure you keep all windows and doors locked even when you are home…this guy is not even afraid of dogs.

I’ve got some estimates coming in for security systems…thanks for the suggestions. So far I’ve called Finex and Graydon.[/quote]

Familiar anybody?

bit.ly/twtmgM

img411.imageshack.us/img411/5616/92417578.jpg

Either it’s for someone’s retirement fund, or maybe it demonstrates most people in Rupert are horrendously shitty drivers. I say it’s both. =.=

Since what I saw was a police cruiser on the center line with traffic cones around it, nothing else, no cars stopped, my thought was … what the fah are they doing now?

Was I being overly cautious passing the vehicle at 20 kph? … I don’t know, however not being a conventional counterattack roadblock it made me extra cautious.

Same mo as a year ago,no break in,just an unlocked door or window,same part of town,talk to the cops,ask if it could be the guy from Kooteney ave,This guy was known to have done at least 20/25 entries,cars etc.He got us once and tried a second time,cops knew who it was,a juvie at the time,but no more.

[quote=“Soggy”]Since what I saw was a police cruiser on the center line with traffic cones around it, nothing else, no cars stopped, my thought was … what the fah are they doing now?

Was I being overly cautious passing the vehicle at 20 kph? … I don’t know, however not being a conventional counterattack roadblock it made me extra cautious.[/quote]

I understand they are testing new equipment. As you drive by, they scan your plates and are able to immediately check for outstandings! Be careful folks!!!

I guess they must be looking for previous convictions.

The license plate scanners have been in use for several years now. The operation doesn’t require the cruiser be parked; they just need to drive by: