Is This Your Cat?

If this is your cat or if you know who it belongs to please IM me.

I picked it up in the area of 6th East and Kaye Smith - 1400 block of 6th East.

It is small but could be young. I’m not sure if it’s male or female. Silly me.

I have more info. She is female, max 2 years old. Nice cat.

That was so kind of you to pick her up! I wish there were more people as kind-hearted as you in this town. Hope she finds her “parents” but if not, will you keep her? She is a beautiful little cat!

That looks like the same cat that had been hanging around 11th near Maverick Mart. She is a very friendly young cat, and tends to follow people home… Hope she finds her family.

A sad ending for this sweet girl. She had a spinal cord injury - was dragging her back end around and had been for some time when we found her and took her to the vet. Had she been able to control her bladder and bowel I may have considered trying to keep her, but she was incontinent and in pain. The vet and SPCA felt the only humane thing to do was end her suffering.

She could have been hit by a car or hurt by someone - who knows???

People please - keep your pets inside and things like this won’t happen. Someone was responsible for this cat and let her down.

[quote=“mossINmyTOES”]A sad ending for this sweet girl. She had a spinal cord injury - was dragging her back end around and had been for some time when we found her and took her to the vet. Had she been able to control her bladder and bowel I may have considered trying to keep her, but she was incontinent and in pain. The vet and SPCA felt the only humane thing to do was end her suffering.

People please - keep your pets inside and things like this won’t happen. Someone was responsible for this cat and let her down.[/quote]

I am so sorry to hear that sad news but it was so kind of you to give her the love and care she deserved for the time you kept her. At least she left this world knowing someone cared for her. Thank you for that and you are right about keeping your pets inside, some pet owners just don’t realize or maybe don’t care about what can happen.

[quote=“codybear933”]

[quote=“mossINmyTOES”]A sad ending for this sweet girl. She had a spinal cord injury - was dragging her back end around and had been for some time when we found her and took her to the vet. Had she been able to control her bladder and bowel I may have considered trying to keep her, but she was incontinent and in pain. The vet and SPCA felt the only humane thing to do was end her suffering.

People please - keep your pets inside and things like this won’t happen. Someone was responsible for this cat and let her down.[/quote]

I am so sorry to hear that sad news but it was so kind of you to give her the love and care she deserved for the time you kept her. At least she left this world knowing someone cared for her. Thank you for that and you are right about keeping your pets inside, some pet owners just don’t realize or maybe don’t care about what can happen.[/quote]

My cats would HATE to be inside all of the time… Other than the potential to be hit by vehicles, outside cats are generally healthier than inside ones. They get more exercise. SO you’re both implying that because I let my cats outside, I’m an irresponsible pet owner? I dunno, I think people who keep their cats INSIDE all of the time, are killing them with kindness. (indoor cats are almost always far more overweight than outdoor ones)

I guess we will always debate this one “Bubba” ! I have 2 cats, both were former outdoor cats, the one was taken to the SPCA as she was preggers and had 6 kittens. We then found out she was diabetic, she had contracted some “feline street” skin disease and needed a great deal of expensive, for me, treatment. That was a result of the former “owner” who left her to her own devices and obviously never had her fixed. She is now an indoor cat, very healthy, not diabetic any longer as I had her spayed and after a year, her levels were fine and no need for anymore shots!. My other one, is a Norwegian Forest cat, a large breed but not fat. He is almost 20 LBS. but is a huge, fluffy cat. He was abandoned by his owner and though I fed him outdoors for over a year in hopes that they may take him back after I contacted them repeatedly, he also contracted some skin problem and his sibling, who was also left, had to be put down as he contracted a feline autoimmune disease because he had not been vaccinated, again by the previous owners. He is a very healthy, happy and very active cat also. And most importantly, safe! I know you love your animals “Bubba” but there are people out there who don’t give a damn, there is someone trapping cats, some of them I am sure, are pets and dumping them on the highway. There is so much danger for them out there, vehicles, weather, other animals, kids and diseases. I would much rather have a possible chubby kitten than worry constantly if it doesn’t come home. And so, I suppose, the debate will continue, right?

You’re right, I do love my pets. Both of them come home at night, and never stray far from the house when they’re outside. As for your cats, if you were feeding it outside, why would you figure it would go home? It’s being fed by you, it’s gonna stick around. Anyways. There has to be a balance. Lucky for my cats, we live in a neighborhood with lots of forest and such for them to play in when they’re outside, they’re rarely out on the roads.

yeah I don’t get why people let their cats out to run around all day, Rupert has a bad enough cat problem already, why add to it, their everywhere around town, you can’t go a block without running into cats, it’s no different then if dog owners let their dogs run loose all day, which isn’t allowed so why are cats?

I fed them Bubba because I knew the neighbors, they lived right across the street and thought I was doing them a favor. The cats would keep coming back to their old place after they moved just up the street and sit outside the door waiting. She had 3 at that time. I would email them as I didn’t have their number and let them know they were there and that I had food out for them. They only came to get them once and then didn’t bother after that. Even when I took the one to the vet., after a $300. vet bill and euthansia, they never responded to that email either. Not surprising! I am helping a friend
"cat sit" this month while they go away and it is so surprising to me how many of her customers are also feeding and caring for outdoor cats. It is heartbreaking and has to stop but until then, they deserve to be cared for as best as we can. IMO.

After moving your cats, they must be kept indoors for at least two weeks, feeding them small meals throughout the day. They need to recognize their new home as the place for food and comfort.

fabcats.org/owners/moving/info.html

[quote=“codybear933”]I fed them Bubba because I knew the neighbors, they lived right across the street and thought I was doing them a favor. The cats would keep coming back to their old place after they moved just up the street and sit outside the door waiting. She had 3 at that time. I would email them as I didn’t have their number and let them know they were there and that I had food out for them. They only came to get them once and then didn’t bother after that. Even when I took the one to the vet., after a $300. vet bill and euthansia, they never responded to that email either. Not surprising! I am helping a friend
"cat sit" this month while they go away and it is so surprising to me how many of her customers are also feeding and caring for outdoor cats. It is heartbreaking and has to stop but until then, they deserve to be cared for as best as we can. IMO.[/quote]

Feeding cats makes them your responsibility.

My cat figured out he’d moved in about 2 hours.
Don’t know if the stupid Pom’s figured it out yet. Takes him 8 or 9 hours to come home when he escapes. Took the cat four days to teach the dog how to go thru one of those magnetic mesh doors. He’d figured it out in 10 seconds.

Cats are going to be very confused once the Pinochle Wood Pellet Plant is open.

Studies show that cats’ sense of direction is impaired by the presence of wood pellet dust. This is a scientific fact. Here is a research paper to prove it websites.pdesas.org/sethtriggs/2 … /file.aspx

Despite what Pinochle may say at their public meetings, the wood pellet plant IS NOT SAFE for cats.

I’m waiting for you to get banned… Two accounts and hijacking EVERY thread. Get over yourself. Or, create a more creative name…

!!!