Is this a good monitor?

I just finished installing XP  Pro64 and loaded the latest drivers, I can get the 1680X1050 resolution now but there’s no DVI output… any ideas on how to get it to use the DVI instead of VGA?

Install nvidia drivers from nvidia.com if you havn’t. My ATI does both all the time, but try going into display properties/settings/advanced and clicking on the displays area. You may be able to enable.disable the DVI out… Install nvidia drivers first.

I have the lastest nVidia drivers, but the option seems to be missing entirely. I will check out the beta driver section today

Have you tried to plug in your dvi monitor and unplugging the vga and then turning them both on at same time… Ie monitor then computer ?  My machine at work you have to turn on the monitor then the machine and it will detect what port to use either vga/dvi…

Jase

I tried that one too. According to my monitor there’s no signal coming from the DVI port, according to the XP64 driver it’s a “television port” with no television attached.
Goddam Windoze!
Today I built and installed an Ubuntu Dapper webserver and configured it w postfix, quotas and even took an hour to learn how to add repositiories to apt so I could use Ubuntu64 release… plus configured a new Xerox to scan 2 email and to a share folder… debugged an ME machine… had to show my tech the machine a customer ‘got from his friend’ had a torn IDE cable, dead CDROM, dead CDRW, floppy backwards, 8X AGP card in a 4X slot and the CPU speed set wrong to get him back on track, and configured 20 emails on a new server while explaining to the screaming frenchman from the band office who didn’t even know the usernames and passwords the mysteries of DNS setting, how to log onto a router and what ‘propagation’ is…
all after taking a call from my sister that Dad might not make it thru the weekend.
Lovely day.
So if the cops find a dead guy on Hwy97 with a 16lb sledgehammer in his head and a copy of XP64 shoved up his ass, his name will be Bill Gates. And damn rights his wallet will be gone…
:imp:

HEY that is not fair just because you want to kill that useless fucker Bill doesn’t mean i dont wan tot help.  I took over 45 calls today telling people how to set up there email or how to remove the mail that failed to go out from the sent items beacuse one isp’s mail server died so no mail could go out at all but at end of the day it all worked Weird how some people listen to the voice message and some don’t.

It’s really funny having people call and say oh my email is not working or my site www.blablabla.com is not working and you go a whois on the domain to see that it is expired NICE people don’t pay any attention to there domain registration dates. lame lame lame :smile:

Ok I’ll unst tie him up and stuff him in the trunk so you can get a few good kicks in too.  :smiley:

Deal. Then ill tatoo Steve job’s Name on him …

Hey all. I was looking for reviews on this Monitor (NEC 1740CX) and came across your site. I also noticed a few of you discussing stores to purchase from (in Canada) and if you want a site that is actually cheaper than Newegg is (AND in CDN funds) check out www.directcanada.com. I found this little hidden gem a few weeks ago, and their prices are absolutely UNBEATABLE! It makes NCIX’s prices look WAY over priced. Have a look!