Is Christy Clark Finished!

Are you talking about BC Rail and BC Ferries? I’m not sure if they had to pump money in the rails, but I know BC Ferries cost taxpayers hundreds of millions a year. Yeah, good revenue there.

[quote=“jyoung”]As far as I am concerned, if the NDP gets in we are all screwed. You can kiss all the big industries that give people jobs and pay them well,
good bye. If it was up to them we’d be a tourist province and living on minimum wage. I’m not about to do so and I am pretty sure alot of other people aren’t. They spend our tax dollar like it’s a non repayable credit line then up our taxes to compensate. If they can promomise to keep big industries here in BC, they just might get my vote. I highly doubt it though.[/quote]

If you’re gonna quote your Dad’s thoughts from 1970 you should understand how after 20 years the other guys always get so corrupt, crooked and contemptuous even yo’ mama can’t vote for them anymore.

Things weren’t all that rosey when the NDP were in government, so take off them glasses. If things were so great why did they lose to the Liberals. Mistakes have been made the economy took a shit kick’n and that happened everywhere. We shall see what happens. I’m not gonna hold my breath thinking that the NDP are going to make things all jolly and good.

Bc ferries was meant to be an extension of our highways and is at best supposed to break even not turn a profit just like all of our highways. Should we auction off sections of highways to private corporations to toll in order to turn a profit or should be continue to subsidize them with our tax dollars?

Personally I dont give a flying fuck what the NDP did 10 years ago I care what the liberals are doing and continue to do. The billion dollar a year liquor distribution branch… ya thats gonna be easy to make up with a nice fat tax increase for us.

Oh and how about firing the elected school trustee’s in cowichan for violating the ‘law’ and proposing a deficit in order to cover costs after they were cut to the bone and unable to do basic maintenance when they themselves changed the law with a stroke of a pen. Yup lets worry about 10 years ago…

Two mile string of boxcars sitting on a siding here for at least 5 years. No passenger train from PG to N Vancouver. “Doesn’t make economic sense” to carry logs by train anymore from here to Prince George even though mill production here is almost back to normal.
Got a ticket for $3.75 for crossing a bridge down South. No way to pay it online or at a bank. Open a checking account to write one cheque for $3.75? Look for ward to $10 worth of tolls if I visit my relatives next summer.
License THREE liquor stores in our little town, cut staff and hours at the LCB to ‘prove’ it’s a money loser?
How about building a new road and Hydro line for the mine, not spend 1c on the road or infrastructure here so the mine can apply to move everything to Mackenzie and screw the Fort in the ass?
How about taking two weeks and then making a mild statement disapproving the Fed’s plan to close the Coast Guard base in Vancouver harbour?
Or knowing your MLA is all for the pipeline even though he/she won’t say so?
Closing hospitals? Unable to recruit doctors? Flying and busing people around for basic health services. Closing welfare offices so claimants need to take a $20 bus ride to the next town, then making them take that ride and come in as often as possible?
Driven anywhere lately? Didn’t notice the roads were better in 1970 but there’s 10 times as many vehicles on them? A Cariboo Connector that will be 4 land about the time your grandchildren graduate and won’t connect the Cariboo to the Lower Mainland at all?

Yeah, tell me how awful the NDP are.

I am completely torn as to who to vote for in the next election. The NDP’s history in managing this province is less than impressive and I am extremely disappointed in the BC Liberals. What concerns me with the Liberals is their deception. Prior to when they were first elected they promised no public sector job cuts yet the first order of business was to decimate many public sector agencies. Also, even though the HST may have been beneficial they campaigned that they wouldn’t implement this tax. Soon after becoming elected they went against their election promise, again. Adrian Dix’s history is not exactly stellar either but he might get my vote just because we need a change.

I should also mention that I’m a member of the BC Liberal Party that has been meaning to cut up his membership card for a while. I don’t want to be affiliated with any of these parties right now. It’s very possible that we may witness the growth of the BC Conservatives.

Yes. The deception about the HST, and the Liberals paying a six million dollar legal bill are troubling examples of a government that has lost its way. I am not a member of any political party at the moment. I suspect that the Conservatives may win a few seats in May. I will be voting for the NDP.

I don’t think the conservatives are a good bet. They don’t really stand for anything other than ‘hey we’re not the liberals/ndp’ and the utter morons that they are they support the pipeline. They will of course win a few seats in the cariboo, pg etc where hell would freeze over before they voted NDP. That said, the NDP has a history of being terrible and do not appear to stand for anything either. they will however apparently hold an inquiry into BC rail and well at the very least should lift the gag order on basi/virk.

BC Conservatives = Wildrose Party

At least in BC you have two level-headed parties with better chances of forming government, and not worrying about nutters running province.

[quote=“PLA”]BC Conservatives = Wildrose Party

At least in BC you have two level-headed parties with better chances of forming government, and not worrying about nutters running province.[/quote]

The Conservatives may provide one useful function, that is, they may split the center/right vote and enable the NDP to win.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]

[quote=“jyoung”]As far as I am concerned, if the NDP gets in we are all screwed. You can kiss all the big industries that give people jobs and pay them well,
good bye. If it was up to them we’d be a tourist province and living on minimum wage. I’m not about to do so and I am pretty sure alot of other people aren’t. They spend our tax dollar like it’s a non repayable credit line then up our taxes to compensate. If they can promomise to keep big industries here in BC, they just might get my vote. I highly doubt it though.[/quote]

If you’re gonna quote your Dad’s thoughts from 1970 you should understand how after 20 years the other guys always get so corrupt, crooked and contemptuous even yo’ mama can’t vote for them anymore.[/quote]

I don’t quote my " dad’s thoughts " and I know my “mama” can’t vote for them as she died back in 1981. Anything else you want to say to me smartass??

[quote=“jyoung”]

If you’re gonna quote your Dad’s thoughts from 1970 you should understand how after 20 years the other guys always get so corrupt, crooked and contemptuous even yo’ mama can’t vote for them anymore.

I don’t quote my " dad’s thoughts " and I know my “mama” can’t vote for them as she died back in 1981. Anything else you want to say to me smartass??[/quote]

Don’t get personal for no reason, otherwise you’ll lose the discussion.

I ask myself 2 questions.

Has my standard of living increased or decreased in the last 5 years?
Is there any likelihood a change in government will make my life better?

I will l probably vote Liberal again. There is nothing the NDP tells me that makes me think I will be better off with Dix running the province. However, I believe there will be a big Campbell backlash next election and the NDP will likely form government. Minority I hope.

Good point PLA, thanks for the advice