iOS versus Android versus RIM

Every place i read tells me that Research In Motion is on a down slope especially after the epic failure of the Playbook. plus look at IOS 5 that is coming out soon. Thats why i chose apple in the first place, yes their products at launch may lack certain things but give them time and when they come out they will blow away everybody else, their new notifications, better then android, iMessage will kill BBM and WIFI sync thats too cool

iOS 5 is more of a copycat to Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and I don’t find their Notification Centre better than the one Android has.

Nothing new. Nothing revolutionary. lol

Where is Mig to back me up on this one

Android is a one trick pony, it offers nothing substantially better then IOS, sure it is a comparable smartphone os but an ipod it is not
if i were to purchase an android phone i would have to buy an ipod for my music then i am back to carrying two things in my pocket

If i would have to rate the current offering

1. IOS
  2. Windows mobile
  3. Android
  4. Blackberry

[quote=“OMEGA”]Where is Mig to back me up on this one

Android is a one trick pony, it offers nothing substantially better then IOS, sure it is a comparable smartphone os but an ipod it is not
if i were to purchase an android phone i would have to buy an ipod for my music then i am back to carrying two things in my pocket

If i would have to rate the current offering

1. IOS
  2. Windows mobile
  3. Android
  4. Blackberry[/quote]

So you think iOS is better than the droids, yet you don’t know how it’s better than the droid so you need MiG to back you up? LOL

But seriously, why would need an iPod when any kind of smartphones can play music?

The purpose of iOS is to sell iPhones, iPods, and iPads. Apple’s business is selling hardware.

The purpose of Android is to sell you to advertisers. Google’s business is advertising.

Other than that, there’s not much difference if you compare one device to another (well, other than iPad versus any other tablet right now). The differences are more in Apple’s favour if you own more than one, though.

I agree that RIM isn’t even in the running anymore, though. This guy explains why:

mobilecrunch.com/2011/06/22/ … done-here/

[quote=“MiG”]The purpose of iOS is to sell iPhones, iPods, and iPads. Apple’s business is selling hardware.

The purpose of Android is to sell you to advertisers. Google’s business is advertising.

Other than that, there’s not much difference if you compare one device to another (well, other than iPad versus any other tablet right now). The differences are more in Apple’s favour if you own more than one, though.

I agree that RIM isn’t even in the running anymore, though. This guy explains why:

mobilecrunch.com/2011/06/22/ … done-here/[/quote]

RIM failed at the playbook, have you ever tried to use one of those things, like my god its a pain in the ass to use, home button WHERE! none! Try getting back to home to check your email or do something else, after you spend 10 min swiping your hand upward to get there let me know how you feel :smile:

Playbook failed, ipad win :smile:

LOL. I tried the playbook at Best Buy the other day, and spent 1 minute figuring out that thing before giving up finding a way home.

So the STRENGTH of RIM is messaging and e-mail. Blackberries excel at messaging, or at least, they did before everybody else leap-frogged them.

So you’d expect their dramatic entry into the tablet market to also excel at messaging.

When I used a playbook, I was like “Where’s the e-mail client? I want to see what it looks like.” The guy looked at me with a blank look on his face. “You know, the program that you’d use to send and receive e-mail.” Still a blank look.

Turns out the Playbook doesn’t have e-mail.

WTF?

Now imagine if Apple had released the iPhone, or iPad without e-mail capabilities. What do you think the response would be? Yet there are people out there that think this Playbook is actually good? In which decade are these people living?

WTF, indeed!!! LMAO. Epic fail. :smile:

[quote=“jase”]RIM failed at the playbook, have you ever tried to use one of those things, like my god its a pain in the ass to use, home button WHERE! none! Try getting back to home to check your email or do something else, after you spend 10 min swiping your hand upward to get there let me know how you feel :smile:

Playbook failed, ipad win :smile:[/quote]

Haha… I noticed they had one in Staples and I was stoked to give it a try. I opened the picture app. It was ok. Then I wanted to try something else and was like… “WTF? Where is the home button?” I stood there feeling retarded that I couldn’t figure it out. It was then that it hit me. It’s not me that was retarded. It was the device.

Blackberry, was on the news the other day, they are laying off 5000 people this month, ouch, last week apple had a job posting they are hiring more people.

Shitty for blackberry.

Rim kicked ass but then they dragged their feet and failed to innovate any further and got left behind. That said I hate apple and wont but one of their products. litigious assholes

I really admire the iphone4, but, I am examining my options on what type of smart phone to buy when my current Rogers contract expires in 2012. I am a Linux guy so I am leaning towards getting an Android phone.

[quote=“hitest”]

I really admire the iphone4, but, I am examining my options on what type of smart phone to buy when my current Rogers contract expires in 2012. I am a Linux guy so I am leaning towards getting an Android phone.[/quote]

Androids are ok, however on their phones, when you install a app, and then reboot the phone, every app you install runs in the background. A guy i know in town here that develops apps for google, was telling me about a app you can download tho, and install to select what apps turn on when starting the phone.

Market Shares. iPod Touch is more popular than Android in Canada?