Internet

Anyone know what’s up with the loss of contact with the outside digital world?

host253:~ miguel$ traceroute cnn.com
traceroute to cnn.com (64.236.16.20), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 host249 (209.53.132.249) 7.958 ms 6.23 ms 6.653 ms
2 5conn28.rupert.net (64.114.56.28) 6.606 ms 6.118 ms 6.096 ms
3 telus-gw-pr.rupert.net (209.53.130.14) 6.842 ms 8.003 ms 7.765 ms
4 *

It’s Friday night, so this is the usual Telus downtime.

Makes you realize how important the internet has become in your life.

humm i wonder if dialup works

if only i had a modem

What was the dial-up phone # again? I’m gonna try it.

Maybe I’ll dial long-distance to Sympatico or something.

When the internet is down, everybody goes to HTMF.

For those of you bored, I have some photos of my recent trip on menino.com – it’s like sitting through a relative’s home movies, except it’s on the web.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Wow, is it hard to parallel park in a boat?

Tell me about it. When I got to school in a couple days, the dorms don’t have Internet. Or phones. And the nearest Internet enabled part of the school is too far for 802.11b/g. Soooo… I get to survive off a 9600 baud UHF packet radio connection. Because living without the Internet is not an option.

Internet is back.

[quote=“rangerwreck”]

Tell me about it. When I got to school in a couple days, the dorms don’t have Internet. Or phones. And the nearest Internet enabled part of the school is too far for 802.11b/g. Soooo… I get to survive off a 9600 baud UHF packet radio connection. Because living without the Internet is not an option.[/quote]

19DB outdoor 802.11 flatpanel w POE $329
19DB outdoor sectoral w mount arm & 40’ LMR240, rev SMA end (plug into Dlink card) $199

Looks like Telus sucks just as bad in Burnaby as it did in Rupert. The Internet has randomly not worked 3 times in the 4 days that I’ve been here. Since I’m just renting a room in someone’s house, I can’t just drop Telus, since I’m not paying for it.

Looks like the net is down again… Or maybe it’s just me. Confirmation?

No outside internet here…

Yes its down and as I understand it Terrace is as well. Whatever it is looks kinda big as there are other places besides us and Terrace having probs too…

Weird.

From school (on PLnet), I can ssh directly to HTMF, no problems.

I can’t load it up in a browser, though. Nothing else works on the citytel part.

Maybe it’s because the SSH session was established before it went down?

I can load some things, like CBC and BBC, and not others, like Google. Strange.

Well this is somewhat annoying, I can connect to htmf but not my server :frowning: oh and i am not in rupert

Yeah I was just going to metion google would load… Terrorists are responsible.

Some Toll free lines in Vancouver are down too.

Just heard through my grapevine an OC48 in Vancouver has gone down affecting all sorts of peering and connectitivty. Looks to be equipment at this point but dont know much beyond that.