Internet speeds

ohh come on, you guys (and gals) are not stupid you think about why. its not that people dont get it, it is an excuse. people do it because it does work almost all of the time, if the judge thinks they are sincere,  reguardless of this “ignorance is no excuse” bullshit everyone always says, yes it is, and it is abused. in court the judge will make you out to be a con, and the poor family has been conned by a shrewd business man. he or she will most likely be some old fart who is computer stupid and sympathize with them. i am not saying its right or fair, but it is what is most likely to happen if they take it to court. if i was herbie i would offer them out for what it cost him and call it a lesson learned, and start using some form of bandwidth limiting policy when customers get a certain amount over their contracted limit.

My traffic is ~100Gigs a month and I pay $30 for it.

75 year old get fastest Internet Connection:
thelocal.se/7869/20070712/

holy cow!

“be able to enjoy 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously. Or, if there is nothing worth watching there, she will be able to download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds.” 40 Gigabits per second !!!  now thats what i call a connection! i am dreaming of the hardware a guy would need to utilize all that, twenty five thousand rpm ibm drives, have to be a five drive array raid id think, ram would have to the max the board could support and still the box would be the limiting factor. wonder how long till everyone has connections like that?
twenty years maybe?

I’d say it might be longer than 20 years before we get something like that here in PR:-)