Internet broken?

did it just brake…lots of sites not working on 3G and ADSL…

Been seeing DNS errors in my own drop and in a couple other people’s drops as well. CityWest DNS servers are probably being subjected to some type of subnetting load-balancing. Because primary DNS servers (that were there, and then aren’t, then are, then aren’t, then are in one area of PR, but aren’t in another area) are going up and down like a $2 hooker.

Primary DNS (Reported by CityWest)

Secondary DNS Servers (Reported by CityWest by telephone)

I found that switching DNS servers from primary to secondary works “somtimes.” Try all of em in rotation if you’re having issues. Must be done at the router level if you have a router / wireless router (more common jargon).

Bottom line, whoever is screwing with the DNS servers in CityWest, or is subnetting the DS3 banks or routers…knock that shit off. If it doesn’t improve tonight I’m gonna call 'em tomorrow. Actual speed is brutally slow as well.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]Been seeing DNS errors in my own drop and in a couple other people’s drops as well. CityWest DNS servers are probably being subjected to some type of subnetting load-balancing. Because primary DNS servers (that were there, and then aren’t, then are, then aren’t, then are in one area of PR, but aren’t in another area) are going up and down like a $2 hooker.

Primary DNS (Reported by CityWest)

Secondary DNS Servers (Reported by CityWest by telephone)

I found that switching DNS servers from primary to secondary works “somtimes.” Try all of em in rotation if you’re having issues. Must be done at the router level if you have a router / wireless router (more common jargon).

Bottom line, whoever is screwing with the DNS servers in CityWest, or is subnetting the DS3 banks or routers…knock that shit off. If it doesn’t improve tonight I’m gonna call 'em tomorrow. Actual speed is brutally slow as well.[/quote]

What?

lol…thanks for the laugh jesus…my thoughts exactly…

That awkward moment when you realize you just spoke geek to a hot girl http://hackingthemainframe.com/forum/images/icons/smile/redface.gif

DSLAM concentrators? http://hackingthemainframe.com/forum/images/icons/smile/redface.gif

Oh, I understand technology :wink: I just dont see what subnetting would have to do with it… Maybe my reading comprehension fails but if you are having an issue resolving domain names just switch to googles nameservers…

techie-buzz.com/how-to/google-pu … winxp.html

And problem solved.

Or better yet, add a caching proxy nameserver on your home network - pdnsd . Simple to setup and you cannot beat sub-milisecond lookup times.
members.home.nl/p.a.rombouts/pdnsd/index.html

Interesting. Thanks. Didn’t know Google offered their own DNS servers for usage. They do seem to look up much quicker at this point in time.

Yup, if you want better lookup times running your own caching dns server is a better option… but obviously thats not for everyday folk.

[quote=“jesus”]Maybe my reading comprehension fails but if you are having an issue resolving domain names just switch to googles nameservers…
[/quote]

That’s what I use.