Increases at Citywest

So today came home to a letter that states I will be getting increases to my digital cable and to boot letter is dated on April 20 yet increases are effective as of May1st and yet today is May 2nd, now I know that mail can be slow but no way in hell is it that slow, what the heck is Citywest thinking, so as of tomorrow this household will no longer have cable. I am so pissed, I can hardly type!!!

No shit, city west upping there cable prices to pay for oversold internet bandwidth ha ha ha ha

Thank you for subsidizing my internet connection Dismal. Citywest is missing their long-time CEO after he retired and I heard a rumour Greg M. left his position so now would be the time to hit CityWest with a petition or some other type of public backlash while they’re weak and leaderless.

Odd thinking about a telecomm company in a battle-tactic manner over internet. Unfortunately, the policies, delivery and service ignites alot of irritation among customers forced to live with one choice so I guess it’s pretty natural. :smiley:

I know lets raise the Celphone rates so we can pay more for the horrible service and wonderfull excuses we get when we complain about it!

Net income for the year ending 2010 dropped from 3.9Million in 2009 to 2.6Million in 2010 and no Dividend paid to the city. A 33% drop in net income should be of major concern to all taxpayers who are on the hook.

citywest.ca/files/Consolidat … signed.pdf

Increased Cable or Cellphone rates are going to be the least that Taxpayers have to worry about as this company continues it’s downward spiral. In 2005 this company was formed from CityTel and expanded outside of Prince Rupert without any real public discussion about the $33 million spent. It’s time we see the original business plan and assess the success or failure of this initiative so we can make an informed decision on the future of this public asset. Our council can make the decision before there is no value left or the marketplace will as is obviously happening now. We need some strong financial leadership in this community that will face up to the tough choices the Rinse faces.

[quote=“Speakuppr”]

Net income for the year ending 2010 dropped from 3.9Million in 2009 to 2.6Million in 2010 and no Dividend paid to the city. A 33% drop in net income should be of major concern to all taxpayers who are on the hook.

citywest.ca/files/Consolidat … signed.pdf

Increased Cable or Cellphone rates are going to be the least that Taxpayers have to worry about as this company continues it’s downward spiral. In 2005 this company was formed from CityTel and expanded outside of Prince Rupert without any real public discussion about the $33 million spent. It’s time we see the original business plan and assess the success or failure of this initiative so we can make an informed decision on the future of this public asset. Our council can make the decision before there is no value left or the marketplace will as is obviously happening now. We need some strong financial leadership in this community that will face up to the tough choices the Rinse faces.[/quote]

Ah it’s easier just to raise taxes,again and again and again, tough choices, who needs em!

on another note

maximumpc.com/article/news/a … _data_caps

everyone is adding caps now

I want more HD Channels, we pay good money for this…so why aren’t we getting them ????

I am shocked and appalled.

change.org/petitions/stop-th … e-rupert-2

Just a quick little petition; I’m sure it wont change their minds. But for each person who signs the petition on the site; an email is sent to Citywest.

The customer care office at Shaw Direct is open 24/7, as well as online

shawdirect.ca/english/default.asp

If folks aren’t happy with what is being offered locally there are alternatives

It could be worse:

Saw a sign today near Terrace about a new company called BC internet. bcinternet.ca this could be the possible competition to Citywest as they offer satelitte internet

Starting at only $59.99 a month for 1.5m no thanks I already pay $30 for 5m

No thanks. I’ll pass.

[quote=“hitest”]

No thanks. I’ll pass.[/quote]

My thought as well - for now - but the writing is on the wall. It’s only a matter of time before City West loses its internet monopoly.

350 to 600 MB maximum for every 24 hours? LOL. Somebody is living in stone age.