In this rainy city, the sun can't shine every day

Uh, no…

rocknrollhell.com/cinderella/ (band)   :?

The following is from Ra Maguire, to more or less confirm what MiG said regarding Trooper:

Good to hear from you.

I can totally see why PR folks would be convinced that our song about the sun shining “in this rainy city” was about Rupert!

The truth is that the song “Santa Maria” is the one with the PR connection. It’s about a trip a bunch of us took with Paddy Greene out to Tugwell Island, many (many) years ago. Paddy is the one who said: “There’s only fear and good judgment holding us back” as we pulled out from the dock. His boat was called Lucky Lady but I changed the name because “Santa Maria” sang easier and had the Christopher Columbus reference! We still see Paddy every time we visit Rupert.

So, I hope that helps to clear things up. Please pass on our best wishes to all of our Prince Rupert friends and fans!

Who’s Trooper?

No one believed me when I said it. But now there’s proof. Thanks. :smiley:

No one except the huge numbers of people who knew you were right.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been argued with too many times on that topic to believe that everyone knows.

The old ‘Cotton Street house’ is now but a memory and an empty lot, was torn down and disposed of only a couple of days ago. Alas, another historic landmark gone. I partied there a few times also over the years, waaaay back when. But the old Trooper story keeps resurfacing every so often, no doubt due to the noteriety. I had an opportunity to talk to a couple of the band members at the Gingolx crab fest a few years ago about this very question, and MiG and Bosco are absolutely right. I’ve seen them a dozen or so times as they have been here many times over the years, but were never a ‘house band’ as suggested in a previous post. 

Apple Jack was the house band at the Rupert, Trooper was formed after