Idle Glue Chat

We may have to postpone Hallowe’en until Monday…or the little kiddies might blow away!

weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings … wvr-089100

[quote=“Hoser”]We may have to postpone Hallowe’en until Monday…or the little kiddies might blow away!

weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings … wvr-089100[/quote]

Gah…my roof was repaired last week. :smile:
Hopefully this upcoming windstorm will not be as devastating as the last one. My 7 year old is looking forward to tomorrow night.

There’s always the indoor celebration at the Civic.

Celebrations of halloween at the civic centre will depend on whether we have power…
I hope if it’s bad the city has a ‘plan’ this time around…

I vote we change trick or treat time to NOON !!! Guess the fireworks won’t likely be happening. Everyone should have planned for the events TONIGHT instead :smile:

Fireworks are completely dependent on the wind at the time of firing, that being said, it is very important that people stay off the gold course and off parts of wantage road for safety.

[quote=“wollongong”]

Fireworks are completely dependent on the wind at the time of firing, that being said, it is very important that people stay off the gold course and off parts of wantage road for safety.[/quote]

I agree. People should avoid panning for nuggets until after the storm. Heh. Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
Seriously though I hope the fireworks do go ahead as my children love that stuff. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“wollongong”]

Fireworks are completely dependent on the wind at the time of firing, that being said, it is very important that people stay off the gold[/quote]

course and off parts of wantage road for safety.

I agree. People should avoid panning for nuggets until after the storm. Heh. Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
Seriously though I hope the fireworks do go ahead as my children love that stuff. :smile:[/quote]

hahahaha....beat me by a nugget hitest.

I agree with porky, Halloween should start early in the day for the little trick 'n treaters.

[quote=“My2cents”]

[quote=“hitest”]

course and off parts of wantage road for safety.

Seriously though I hope the fireworks do go ahead as my children love that stuff. :smile:
hahahaha…beat me by a nugget hitest.
I agree with porky, Halloween should start early in the day for the little trick 'n treaters.[/quote]

at 1pm :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to storm prep - you all have a corded phone to use when the power goes out, right? I was rockin’ the old rotary dial on Thanksgiving but I had nobody to call because everyone else had cordless phones. :smile:

Fireworks are off. See you in December.

I keep the old Princess phone plugged in, just in case, came in handy that weekend ! Checked the Weather Network and at 3PM anyway, there was no sign of the weather warning so let’s keep our fingers crossed that this crap is the usual old Rupert crap !! Happy Halloween Everyone ! Be safe !

Any other confirmation on this?

[quote=“hitest”]

Any other confirmation on this?[/quote]

I work on the crew, we called it at 3:30, just wanted to get the word out

[quote=“wollongong”]

I work on the crew, we called it at 3:30, just wanted to get the word out[/quote]

Thank you!

[quote=“wollongong”]

I work on the crew, we called it at 3:30, just wanted to get the word out[/quote]

Yeah thanks for the update! Guess it’s hoping too much for the city to use it’s website for such silly things as notices to the public.

[quote=“Smurfette”]

[quote=“wollongong”]

Yeah thanks for the update! Guess it’s hoping too much for the city to use it’s website for such silly things as notices to the public.[/quote]

Really has very little to do with the city, aside from any funding. Special Events was notified when we called it.

[quote=“wollongong”]

[quote=“Smurfette”]

Yeah thanks for the update! Guess it’s hoping too much for the city to use it’s website for such silly things as notices to the public.

Really has very little to do with the city, aside from any funding. Special Events was notified when we called it.[/quote]

It is using a Civic facility though and it’s a community event, so in my opinion anyways, it wouldn’t be too hard for the city to at least use their website to provide an update on the event, seems like common sense actually.

What are you talking about? Looks to me that someone involved with the event did indeed post the information on the City’s information system. This website.

Getting pretty nasty out there. My prediction is power failure at 9:30,and seeing how if im right I wont have power,will predict power back tomorrow at 2pm.