Ice Capades

Has anyone had any luck in getting a refund?? I bought
my tickets online with paypal and have no idea how to
get my money back  HELP

Did you use a credit card through paypal or a direct bank transfer?

credit card

Just call your bank and tell them.  They’ll get the money back for you.

the whole setup seemed hokey from the beginning but good luck  :smiley:

Call the number on teh back of your credit card, not your bank.  Your bank won’t be able to do anything, but your Credit Card company will be able to.

Um, all the credit cards I’ve seen are issued by a … bank.  The number on the back of all my cards is a bank phone number.

Calling a bank branch (local) usually won’t help. The credit card is issued by a credit card company, the number on the back of the card for customer service is the one you should call for assistance with this.

Ah ok, when I said call the bank, I didn’t mean the local branch.  Though if you do call the branch, they’ll tell you to call the bank’s credit card department.

Visa doesn’t issue your card, though, Royal Bank or CIBC or whoever issues the card, and they’re the ones you need to call.  The “Credit Card Company”  is your bank.

Guess we have differing ideas about where “your bank” is really located.  My bank is a 1-800 number :wink:

Yes, this is pretty much what I was trying to say. I just know that the branch can’t take care of something like this, they will refer you to the credit card dept. My bank is either a 1-800 number, an atm or a website. Every once in awhile I walk into my branch just to say I did :smile:

Or you could file a fraud charge with Paypal seeing you paid for something you didn’t get.  It will be quicker though to deal with the credit card company I think.  Someone hacked my paypal account once and racked up my credit card.  I called the credit card company and they contacted Paypal themselves to get it straightened out.  Good luck, it will take time but you should see a full reversal of charges.

Well, that’s exactly what I did after Mastercard told me that I would have to go through the PayPal claim process first before I could ask them to pay me back the money I spend on those tickets.

Here is what I got from Paypal:
"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller’s account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed."

So now my Mastercard will repay me after I fill out their claim form once I get it in the mail.

thanks for the help guys :wink: