Htmf++

Man, is there nothing going on tonight? We’re all just sitting at our computers debating nationalism, American politics, Rupert tourism prospects, white supremacy, and Ashley Simpson, with nothing better to do?

I’d like to see some hour-by-hour activity stats here.

Also, what is everyone reading right now?

And by reading I mean like, books, and stuff.

ESO: Extended Sexual Orgasm

and

Blowback: Costs and Consequences of American Empire

don’t count.

Several consecutive posts by the same author? Heh, maybe it’s not HTMF that’s alive with activity, just me.

Heh, he said blowback.

I need to get out of here, my brain is turning to mush.

We should do a Rupert flashmob.

Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan. Just finished the first book of Stephen King’s Dark Tower series as well.

But since it seems like a trend, I think I’m going to have to double post and comment on how boring CrossroadsOfTwilight is.

Yay for 400 page prologues!

Is Crossroads of Twilight part of the Wheel of Time series? I’ve been promising myself I’d read that someday. I’m reading Terry Goodkind’s “Wizard’s First Rule” series right now. Before that, I enjoyed the fuck out of Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash.

I’ve never been a big Stephen King fan, but a buddy has been raving about the Dark Tower series, so I thought maybe I’d give it a try someday as well.

Obligatory Family Guy reference:

Peter: Oh my God! Are you Stephen King??

Dean: No, I’m Dean Koontz!

Ah man…

Sad news … Stephen King, dead at 54

I just heard some sad news on talk radio - Horror/Sci Fi writer Stephen King was found dead in his Maine home this morning. There weren’t any more details. I’m sure everyone in the HTMF community will miss him - even if you didn’t enjoy his work, there’s no denying his contributions to popular culture. Truly an American icon.

Obligatory double-post:

True story – my first big road trip was from St. John’s all the way to Bangor, Maine to sit outside of Stephen King’s house and look through the iron gate.

He wasn’t home.

well, i’ve actually got 2 midterms tomorrow, but since im in front of the computer reviewing physics, i might as well throw some ideas around.

milan kundera - immortality

[quote=“MiG”]Ah man…

I just heard some sad news on talk radio - Horror/Sci Fi writer Stephen King was found dead in his Maine home this morning. There weren’t any more details. I’m sure everyone in the HTMF community will miss him - even if you didn’t enjoy his work, there’s no denying his contributions to popular culture. Truly an American icon.[/quote]

Wait, wasn’t that a hoax that kept getting passed around or something? Or did it actually happen now.

Obligatory Mark Twain quote (in a letter to a newspaper, after reading his own obituary in it): “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

[quote=“MiG”]Ah man…

I just heard some sad news on talk radio - Horror/Sci Fi writer Stephen King was found dead in his Maine home this morning. There weren’t any more details. I’m sure everyone in the HTMF community will miss him - even if you didn’t enjoy his work, there’s no denying his contributions to popular culture. Truly an American icon.[/quote]

You beat me to it.

It’s one of the classic Slashdot trolls.

Damn, someone deleted my post about in the “Where are they now?” thread! Hmmm! I wonder why? I guess it is a sensitive subject.

Seriously.

We should all plan a flashmob and show up somewhere all at the same time and then leave a few minutes later.

i agree. and im in, if my schedule lets me

The battery on my ibook has 7 minutes left, then I’m going to have to get up and walk somewhere.

We could sell t-shirts for the 4 and a half mintues were there. : :smiley: