Hst --> pst

Nice to know we’re getting the same exemptions back… except for the ones they changed that were apparently unrelated to the hst change like the private sale on a used vehicle exemption.

Fucking figures they’d try to do their typical bullshit sneak changes in the back door and pretend like they’re still doing what they promised to do. I also love how almost no media outlets are covering the minor detail that they are in fact not returning to the previous exemptions.

What a bunch of arrogant dickwads. I’ll have to buy another car within the next 2 years and you can guarantee it will be privately and that the car will be a ‘gift’.

Rally the troops. Sound the battle cry. Then passively pay the tax. Just kidding. Obviously, you are correct in that the media outlets are apparently ignoring the public’s meandering about it.

All people should be bugging news stations, local news papers, MLA’s, MP’s and whoever they can to express that this type of back-door politics practice will garner an extreme public backlash. And rightly so- the last year has been the hardest I’ve ever had - much in tune with what people all over the province are saying: “It’s just too much now.” Compounding effects from bank fees, multiple types of taxes, levi’s, increased cost on items from compounded HST throughout the supply chain etc. etc. etc.

I think every member of the public should ensure that there is a %0 sale rate for used vehicles. %100 vehicle gifting statistics at the end of 2013 would send a clear “fuck you” to our government.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]Rally the troops. Sound the battle cry. Then passively pay the tax. Just kidding. Obviously, you are correct in that the media outlets are apparently ignoring the public’s meandering about it.

All people should be bugging news stations, local news papers, MLA’s, MP’s and whoever they can to express that this type of back-door politics practice will garner an extreme public backlash. And rightly so- the last year has been the hardest I’ve ever had - much in tune with what people all over the province are saying: “It’s just too much now.” Compounding effects from bank fees, multiple types of taxes, levi’s, increased cost on items from compounded HST throughout the supply chain etc. etc. etc.

I think every member of the public should ensure that there is a %0 sale rate for used vehicles. %100 vehicle gifting statistics at the end of 2013 would send a clear “fuck you” to our government.[/quote]

The news media doesnt care if it isnt obvious to you by now that they are bought and paid for then you havent been paying attention. The Liberals until about 2 months ago had not one negative story about them regardless of the many blunders of Christy Clark yet they have the time to report every photo op in great detail including her callous insensitive visit to burns lake immediately after the mill exploded with empty promises. Apparently though when Adrian Dix loses a skytrain pass its a big 2 week long running story.

edited to add: a 100% gift rate for used vehicles would do nothing more than cause the liberals to stand up on their pedestal and proclaim how badly the government has been ripped off and how they must crack down because the public is losing some bajillion number of dollars per year on gifted cars. The BC liberals are as bad as the RIAA

The Zalm was on CKNW this afternoon pointing out they must reinstitute the PST exactly as it was according to the laws of the vote.
THEN they can muck around with any changes.
Did anyone think they’d do anything other than screw us back for screwing them over?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]The Zalm was on CKNW this afternoon pointing out they must reinstitute the PST exactly as it was according to the laws of the vote.
THEN they can muck around with any changes.
Did anyone think they’d do anything other than screw us back for screwing them over?[/quote]

I thought they were gonna give us a discount and hug for all the inconvenience.

I was thinking this morning, it took this fucking long to write this bill for the return to PST and it doesnt actually cover a fucking thing none of the exemptions are actually included they are just promised in later legislation. Just what the fuck has our government been doing all year?

They remind me of school children who promise their parents they’ve been working on their term project every day and then at the end turn in a barely passable piece of shit.

To be fair, the length of time wasn’t just how long it took to write the new bill. It was about re-instituting an entire tax regime after it had been completely closed off. Office space, computer software, payroll, HR, and the kitchen sink all had to make its way back.

I’d sure as hell hope so considering the bill doesnt actually re-implement the PST or really do anything at all. The re-implementation is a cluster fuck, intentionally. Once can surmise the liberals are doing their best to fuck things up so when the NDP takes power they have no choice but to piss off the citizens of BC enough that the liberals will get elected again in 9 years. It’s their only hope.

[quote=“jesus”]

I’d sure as hell hope so considering the bill doesnt actually re-implement the PST or really do anything at all. The re-implementation is a cluster fuck, intentionally. Once can surmise the liberals are doing their best to fuck things up so when the NDP takes power they have no choice but to piss off the citizens of BC enough that the liberals will get elected again in 9 years. It’s their only hope.[/quote]

Gotta stop thinking or talking like a defeatist. Gotta get onboard with the crews of people talking positively about forcing our government to re-institute the PST in its original form.

All the political wash from mainstream media and people just serves to further cloud the issue. People these days get caught up in arguing about the after effects rather than the issue causing the problems.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]

I’d sure as hell hope so considering the bill doesnt actually re-implement the PST or really do anything at all. The re-implementation is a cluster fuck, intentionally. Once can surmise the liberals are doing their best to fuck things up so when the NDP takes power they have no choice but to piss off the citizens of BC enough that the liberals will get elected again in 9 years. It’s their only hope.

Gotta stop thinking or talking like a defeatist. Gotta get onboard with the crews of people talking positively about forcing our government to re-institute the PST in its original form.

All the political wash from mainstream media and people just serves to further cloud the issue. People these days get caught up in arguing about the after effects rather than the issue causing the problems.[/quote]

Our government is in its last term probably ever they do not represent us and will continue to ignore the will of the public in favour of their corporate masters. There is no incentive for them to do a god damn thing for us they know they arent going to be elected unless as I said before they fuck things up so poorly that the next government is screwed which I believe is their plan. Another almost 1billion/yr asset is on the chopping block with no business case… wtf?

Its not defeatist its realist, short of a violent revolution nothing will change. Personally things havent gotten bad enough for me to go that far. I try hard to avoid living in alberta because I love BC… but if this kind of shit keeps up I’m out.

edit: the good news is the liberals are going to give us either a break on the carbon tax or get rid of it entirely to try to buy points with us just before the election. I have no evidence of this but mark my words it will happen.