How Geeky Are You?

well if i had to pick one its definatly
Magic The Gathering aka MTG… played it off and on sine like 93-94 so like grade 4-5 or 6

man thats a long time ago, haha playing with ryan and hoang at King ed, in the library.

How about posting on HTMF from my home computer running Redhat? Nah… Uhh, does putting a snorkel on your car count?

Oh I just thought of something.

I painted a few Warhammer figures! Does that count?

Squigs and orcs were my favourites to look at. They were so ugly, they were cute. Much like a Pug I saw at Safeway today.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/orcs/gaming/squigs/gallery.htm

Great topic!!
When did playing video games become synonymous with being a geek?
For surely I’m a geek but the last video game I recall playing with any conviction was LoadRunner (the original version, created in the early 80’s?).
I’m not a programmer, nor do I have a job requiring endless hours in front of a computer. But I do appreciate the joys of online shopping, reading and banking…surely all worthy of geek points!! Did I mention that I read slashdot.org more regularly than the bible? Last and most importantly, my wife openly calls me a geek!!

[quote]VMS
Posted: Monday, Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:

in my early geek years: sitting up for about 16 or 17 straight hours typing in a program from a magazine, then debugging the damn thing just to make it run
[/quote]

COMPUTE! magazine, right?

that’s not geeky. that’s likeable

GEEKY: readin a 10 page section in a Neal Stephenson novel about how to eat Capt Crunch and thinking 'that’s not right at all! it should be at least Peanut Butter Capn crunch!"

or getting into a drunken argument with the guys about who’s hotter T’Pol or 7 of 9…

This thread makes me feel like an Atomic Nazi Super-Man.

One of a few that I remember reading and had type in programs. Antic is another and at least one other whose name escapes me at the moment.

Ok I dont mind CC, PB CC? uh-uh.

[quote]
or getting into a drunken argument with the guys about who’s hotter T’Pol or 7 of 9…[/quote]

T’Pol wins hands down.

F.N.A. !

I could have sworn that I posted a few days ago in this thread about how much I like Star Wars.

My vehicle’s radio is always tuned to CBC.

^ haha

Finally got a car with a CD player! lol

finally got rid of the lil red beast and got myself somthing alot better! and newer

parents got rid of the 89 firefly that was falling apart. and got 2000$ for it and then got a 99 chevy malibu its nice car, lots of power, cept white cars get dirty too fast

but hey like i said I GOT A CD PLAYER har har!

Now all you need is the new Bad Religion album.

how geeky am I ? I have no idea

Maybe playing lots of starcraft and diabo (2) is a reason ?
Maybe reading the starcraft book is a reason ?
Maybe watching MXC and cheering for the geeks is a reason ? (not the one with tony hawk)
Maybe when all of your friends are infact geeks ?
Maybe when you play a map on Starcraft called ‘Matrix Revolutions’
Maybe when you go to sites like neowin, the inquirer, and /. everyday
Maybe when you jump up and down and can’t stop saying LEET! when mozilla makes a new/cooler browser.
Or just maybe

When your watching matrix revolutions and you all of a sudden say “This feels alot like the Frieza Vs. Goku Battle.”

There are many other reasons why I can definatly be classified as a geek like drooling over c++ code and so on, but those are the main ones I suppose as for this person

Sure thats geeky if your a crack/pot head but in “geek reality” if there is such a thing you’d know that runescape is crap and Diablio 2 or Everquest. As for NHL 2004 hell yeah total 1337||3$$

agree’d

so when we ever gonna jam!

[quote=“timbits”]Finally got a car with a CD player! lol

finally got rid of the lil red beast and got myself somthing alot better! and newer

parents got rid of the 89 firefly that was falling apart. and got 2000$ for it and then got a 99 chevy malibu its nice car, lots of power, cept white cars get dirty too fast

but hey like i said I GOT A CD PLAYER har har![/quote]

wish my parents would buy me a new car :frowning: U better treat miss malibu with a lot of respect there Tim!

hahah its a mr… Mr Mali! HAHA

Mr Boo sounds better.