Hotels should pay more for sewer

The hotels have how many shitters?so they should be payinf more to the city
a house only has 1 or 2 think about that mr frank electric.

so if a hotel uses 1000 litres a day let’s say and their sewage charge is for 3000 litres a day that is fair? plzzzzzzzz lets get real, read the story in the paper they are asking for fairness since all business’s in Rupert have water meters why can’t sewer charge be identical to water usage charge like most other cities in the province

i agree i think the hotels have a legimate arguement for making the proper payments

[quote=“ajaye46”]The hotels have how many shitters?so they should be payinf more to the city
a house only has 1 or 2 think about that mr frank electric.[/quote]

most hotels are never full, lets say on average they are 1/2 full, most guest would be gone the whole day. Most guest are alone or a couple.
A household of 5 would use as much water as say 10 rooms in a hotel.

[quote=“ajaye46”]The hotels have how many shitters?so they should be payinf more to the city
a house only has 1 or 2 think about that mr frank electric.[/quote]

Ajaye, if you did your research or attended council meeting you would know what the problem is!!! The business owners of the hotels are upset because they are getting charged for sewage, water they have not consumed. If water going into the home is calculated going out that would be fine with the business owners. However, there was so much more added to sewage, and it did not make sense to pay for more going out.

Thought with you working for the city you would know that as your comments reflex you know a lot about the city? (ie if there is only 1000 gallons of water coming into why pay for 2500 gallons into the sewage system?) Really though, because the city does not have a sewage treatment plant, and the sewage pipes have been there for a long time, where does the money go? General funds? Is the city adding to the hotel owners the storm sewage waste to their bill? Just a thought. :smile:

Im not a king pin in the city that makes 100 thousand a year to know everything,i guess for a change the fat cats
can take the heat you cant blame cupe for this one.

Im all for sewage treatment plant, what we are doing now is just disgusting. I can just imaging what people will think of us in the future when sewage treatment is considered normal. Im pretty sure we have a combined system and lots of rain, so I can’t see this happening any time soon.

My dad says that The Crest should have to pay more for sewer, because of all the shit that is produced there.

I believe i seen plans “in the works” for sewage treatment in Prince Rupert.

You are correct Billy, it is disgusting!! I am just amazed that more is not done. Good thing our harbour is deep and tides just continue to flush.

So we are down at Atlin this evening and there is this beautiful White Boat tied up , this lady is on it and she notices this water being poured into the harbour, she is wondering what it is so my Lady says “oh that is our raw sewage” . with her bad girl grin.

Ah a tour guide would have suggested it was the mountain streams returning to their natural environment