Home building center 2009

How about an electronics store… like Future Shop, or even an A&B Sound sorta deal.

A Maternity and Childrens clothing store.

A music store… someplace that sells cds, dvds, rock tees, etc etc at a reasonable price.  Someplace people can go and actually learn how to play, and sit around and chat.

A Big & Tall Mens AND Ladies store.

A Tip Top Tailors or some sort of mens dressy/casual clothing store.  I’d say Moores but they won’t come here until we have a bigger population base.

A Chapters or a smaller scale book store.

A Luggage/Bag store… not like Bentley… someplace that sells QUALITY bags, not ones that fall apart right away.

and last but not least… a SportChek.

taa-daa!

Like a Zellers?

Maybe we could make a water park or something? You know , capitilize on the resources we have?

We have a good book store in town. A Chapters would kill the local one.

and we have Teddys  for cds and instruments

A Chapters would be an overkill…

where is it please?..I would like to know!! I welcome any big book store as I like the prices much better then a mom and pops book store… :smiley:

Don’t ge me wrong, I like the guys at Teddy’s, and I would love to shop local, but the whole “we don’t have it, but we can try to order it in” routine gets old.  I would welcome a big electronics store like Future Shop or Best Buy.

It would be good if there was a store specifically for instruments.  There are a LOT of people in this small town that play music.

I really like Ted and John.  They have my audiovisual business because they always stand behind the products that they sell. 

here,here

Competition is healthy.  It’d be nice to have more than just ONE place to go and TRY to get something.

Killing a business we already “kind-of” have would not be the intent of anyone opening shop… it’s all just “business.”

So home hardware building center will be up and running by march 1 2009

Makes me laugh at all the people that said  they talk to such and such and  is was not going to happen.

I have learned not to believe it until I see it :frowning: