Hey you, clean up your own snow!

No I am not ne of those paranoid people… I just figured I’d let you guys know about what happened a few years ago, that is all

There’s one thing I’m curious about … if I clean my sidewalk and the snowplow piles it all back on the sidewalk, can I fine the city?

I’m especially concerned about seniors who say they just stay homebound because they can’t navigate the CITY owned sidewalks. Especially difficult in the business district are the corners which get piled up from the snowplow, then fill with water if it melts.

Pedestrians are second class citizens here.  :imp:

Just because you’re a paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to “get” you…

Firecrackers
Pellet Guns
Kiddy Strollers
now Snowballs

beware the Safety Nazis

For the record: I see the city crews are doing very respectable job on the downtown intersections …Kudos!

Unfortunately, sometimes, snow that has been cleared from private property, such as driveways, gets pushed back in by snowploughs.  In order to minimize this, one can pile snow on the left side of the driveway (when facing the house).  Do not push snow from the driveway onto the road.  This is unlawful and a safety hazard for drivers.

From the PR website princerupert.ca/erupert/dec0 … html#Mayor

I’d love to meet the man whose conscience didn’t tap him on the shoulder as he was doing this. Is it really a common issue?

Actually one guy in my neighborhood does this ever single time, really annoying. And another does it once and a while.

Pretty common thing to do back East.  It melts the snow quicker if it’s in the middle of the street.  Also, added bonus that the snow isn’t plowed back into your driveway if the plow comes along before the snow melts :wink:

Only sucks if you have to turn left into your driveway though, over the moguls you must go! :smiley:

So, here is my question, I am living in an upper/lower duplex, and my neighbor surely doesn’t do anything, my landlord is out of the country, does this make snow removal my responsibility, or does it become that of the landlord???

well to me it’s the landlord’s resp.  however if you want you mail delivered, best to do it…
some people are very lazy, sorry your neighbour is…  lots of snow coming tonight

I don’t believe there is any city bylaw that says you have to remove snow and ice from your drive/walkway.  I certainly would if I wanted to continue receiving mail.  Section 9.03 of the traffic bylaw (printed in the paper several times) says only certain areas are required to remove snow and ice, in particular downtown areas.

princerupert.ca/admin/editor … raffic.pdf

I honestly can’t believe that this is still an issue.  Get a shovel, clean up the snow out front of your house, and shut up about it.  Everyone is so concerned about ‘onus of responsibility’ when it comes to snow.  Why doesn’t ‘common sense’ ever come into play?  “The landlord should do it”…what a load that is.  If you wait for someone to do it, it won’t get done, and the it will just get worse when it snows again.  Suck it up people, we don’t live in Antarctica.

Just like I don’t bother asking my boyfriend to clean the snow, because I know it won’t be done. So I just do it myself…lol

Stupid stuff just keeps on piling up too :frowning: I want spring.