Hey peoples

Hey Rupert.

Unfortunately i am not going to get the chance to come down this time around.
But i am planning and saving for next year right now…
Lovely town BTW…

I believe i have already asked similar questions or perhaps the same one in the past but i feel inclined to ask once more.

How would you folks like someone to setup of a Saltwater aquarium store in town?
The reason i ask is because i am now setting up my 75 gallon Reef and have a
sustainable collection of different tropical Marine invertebrates for display in aquariums, Currently i am already engaged in selling frags to my Local fish store and Trading to expand my selection.

Its just a thought really, not Really sure if it would fly or not.
Heck after Doing some research on the laws regarding forgine Organisms and
import im not entirely sure if its even legal in a coastal region.
  With good reason no doubt…

But i remain uncertain.
  As far as i know similar business exist in Vancouver, But im not familiar with what sort of permits are required.

If the members of the community think it might be worthwhile, i will think about giving it a shot even if the business is small. 

Cheers.

I think it would definitely be a different store for Rupert…but leanne’s pet does supply a small selection of saltwater types :smile: but I have no clue… :smile:

Hey Sindicat…You don’t have to quote when that particular post is just before your own.  Just sayin’…Takes up valuable space and goodness knows, we have LOTS to say… :smiley: 

[quote=“Cnidocyte”]
As far as i know similar business exist in Vancouver, But im not familiar with what sort of permits are required.  [/quote]

Try researching those existing businesses. Try asking DFO about permits.

You may actually need to speak with a person - you know - on a telephone.