Hey, citywest... screw you

[quote=“jesus”]

Instead of bitching about your service on the forum, why not grow some god dam balls go down to citywest, and talk to Keith, unless you are to much of a pussy to go in and say something, and would rather hide behind a keyboard.

Like c’mon, atleast tempt to talk to Keith.

Every time i had a problem, i called him or went in and talk to him, got resolved right away.

Yes jason a lack of balls is clearly my problem and I’m not just venting my frustration. Citywest has backbone issues they always have no amount of complaining/talking to anyone will change that. The problem seems to only occur at peak times and is at one of the border routers between citywest and navigata. The packet loss doesnt bother me so much as the shit slow speeds I get but thats nothing new on citywest at peak hours.[/quote]

SO go in and say something, ask for a discount ask for a billing credit, bitching about it on here doesn’t get ya far. Go in talk to Keith, tell him your issues.

Instead of bitching about your service on the forum, why not grow some god dam balls go down to citywest, and talk to Keith, unless you are to much of a pussy to go in and say something, and

Yes jason a lack of balls is clearly my problem and I’m not just venting my frustration. Citywest has backbone issues they always have no amount of complaining/talking to anyone will change that. The problem seems to only occur at peak times and is at one of the border routers between citywest and navigata. The packet loss doesnt bother me so much as the shit slow speeds I get but thats nothing new on citywest at peak hours.

SO go in and say something, ask for a discount ask for a billing credit, bitching about it on here doesn’t get ya far. Go in talk to Keith, tell him your issues.

You should not have to go there and ask for a billing credit or a discount… WE JUST WANT GOOD SERVICE!!
They have had offerd me a discount many times for their shitty service… i dont want a discount just give me the service i pay for…insted of giving me the run around :smile:

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!

Unfortunately it’s so far beyond rocket science that it’s frustrating to Joe the Plumber.

[quote=“Dill the thrill”]Instead of bitching about your service on the forum, why not grow some god dam balls go down to citywest, and talk to Keith, unless you are to much of a pussy to go in and say something, and

Yes jason a lack of balls is clearly my problem and I’m not just venting my frustration. Citywest has backbone issues they always have no amount of complaining/talking to anyone will change that. The problem seems to only occur at peak times and is at one of the border routers between citywest and navigata. The packet loss doesnt bother me so much as the shit slow speeds I get but thats nothing new on citywest at peak hours.[/quote]

You should not have to go there and ask for a billing credit or a discount… WE JUST WANT GOOD SERVICE!!
They have had offerd me a discount many times for their shitty service… i dont want a discount just give me the service i pay for…insted of giving me the run around :smile:

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!

You have that right.

Rather than the customers having to trek down to CityWest every time they have a service issue, how about this, they CityWest automatically offer up a discount to all users across the board.

No squeaky wheel getting the grease, rather proactive customer service that recognizes a problem and rewards their customers for their patience, not punishes them by charging full rates for less than quality service.

Better yet, how about either just fixing the problems or getting out of the way.

Only a monopoly service such as this can get away with offering less than quality service.

In a fully competitive industry, service such as this would be rewarded with an abandonment rate that would quickly put the company out of business.

[quote=“wildwill”]“Either be a real company or sell your assets to someone who will run things like they should be”

The reason people continue to deal with City Tel must be civic duty, a desire to cling to the old ways, to a world the way it used to be. Keith happens to be very good at his job, and if he had unlimited access to what he needed, you’d all be worshipping him (between the whine and please about other issues).

City Tel is antiquated, and there simply isn’t a substantial enough customer base to make the necessary upgrades to provide service on par with competitors. Let’s be extremely optimistic and say City Tel has a customer base of 100,000. Telus has one whose numbers are in millions. Who has the cash flow to do whatever they want?

Civic patriotism is fine if you’re a Shaker or Amish, but sucks if you feel your monthly fees should provide you with state-of-the-art service. The real issue at stake is the jobs that City Tel provides versus its cost to customers and taxpayers. I’d hate to see any job lost, but City Tel remains yet another obstacle to Prince Rupert truly being globally competitive.

If City Tel is sold, lets hope that whoever is charged with drafting and negotiating the contract is someone on Prince Rupert’s side, and not his/her buddies. The rights to communications for that area have got to be worth many millions of dollars, hopefully some of the money is used to fairly compensate any employees that may lose employment. Given the paticulars of Rupert’s situation, a very generous severance package should be given.

Its time to grow up Prince Rupert, so tuck your City Tel blankies in the closet, and let’s show everyone that you can be big boys and girls. :smile:[/quote]

The company is called CityWest.

I found it pretty stellar that my cell service was just dead last night around 11. A complete outage awesome. My provider says that this is quite a common complaint. In fact they said ‘oh another citywest issue’. Fortunately it seems they might be willing to work with me and give me a deal on a new smartphone without a contract… or they will lose me as a customer because of citywest. I’m sure if that keeps happening it wont be long before citywest loses their contract due to SLA violations.

Hopefully, you can get this solved eh! free phone sweet!

My service died around that time last night as well.

[quote=“jase”]

Hopefully, you can get this solved eh! free phone sweet![/quote]

not free heavily discounted (what that means i dont know yet). I’m actually not very happy about having to spend 300.00-600.00 to replace a phone that if not for citywest would work perfectly fine. I’d rather buy my kid christmas presents