HELP! Citytel.. Gateway, Dns Numbers

I formated my comp and lost all my citytel gateway, Dns, and Ip address
i think theres another one to, This is for Dsl.

Can someone give me the numbers, Citytel is a pain in the ass to get a hold of on the phone.

For the IP i just need to know the first 3 sets of numbers

[quote=“yngwie_69”]I formated my comp and lost all my citytel gateway, Dns, and Ip address
i think theres another one to, This is for Dsl.

Can someone give me the numbers, Citytel is a pain in the ass to get a hold of on the phone.

For the IP i just need to know the first 3 sets of numbers[/quote]

PANIC! PANIC! OMG! CAN’T GET HOLD OF CITYWEST WHEN THEY’RE ON HOLIDAYS!!!:roll: lol

You don’t need to. If you got the OS (assuming you’re using XP) and network drivers installed and the ethernet cable plugged in, you should be able to use the internet. I did it once and I had no trouble whatsoever. :wink:

BTW, why are u able to post here :question:

I have the faster dsl, u need the numbers

lol, sorry. Can’t help you there, I got a 250k.

You should’ve record those numbers incase something really bad happen… which it did happen.:unamused:

Why did you reformat your computer HD?

None of us are going to be able to help you… your IP address(es) and gateway are unique to you.

The DNS servers are:
and

I think.

The current DNS info from Citywest is as follows:

Primary DNS: 209.145.111.62
Secondary DNS: 64.114.55.100

The ip address and gateway are unique - you can try giving yourself a private address and then pinging the range you think the gateway might have been (if you can remember) - if you get a response from something one hop away that’s probably your gateway - and then your ip address typically is one higher in the 4th octet. I think though you probably need to contact Citywest for the info - and then put a sticker on your dsl box with the info.

Thinking more about it you need to call Citywest because you also need the subnet mask - figuring that out won’t be easy.

[quote=“Eso”]None of us are going to be able to help you… your IP address(es) and gateway are unique to you.

The DNS servers are:
and

I think.[/quote]

Those are Navigata DNS #s. You have Navigatsa out there?
Also 204.244.3.130

CityTel uses both Telus and Navigata - originally it was Navigata and Telus was added later. My adsl was one of the first given to residential customers and I still have a “Navigata” ip and gateway. I suspect that most (or all) of the traffic is routed over Telus and the Navigata is a redundant link now.

Man, the official DNS servers sure have changed since I moved out of my folks’ place.

I don’t think the basement really constitutes as “out”.