Having Some Sound Issues On My PC

Well My Pc Is Having Some Sound Issues When i Plug In Anything To The Tower It Shows Somethings Connected But Sound Doesnt Come From Anything At All I Even Tried The Front And Back Jack Panels

Have you tried the basics?..like check to see that the ‘mute’ isn’t checked…sorry if this sounds…a-holey, just don’t know what you’ve tried or not. Is the soundcard separate or built onto the motherboard? If separate, try reseating it.
Have you tried headphones in case the speakers have died?..or unplugged or not turned on…yup, sounds a-holey again…sorry 'bout that. Depending on your OS, have you right clicked on ‘My Computer’ and checked ‘Device Manager’ to see if the sound card has any marks beside it? On the back jack, if I remember right, the green one is the one you want for your speakers.
Hope this helps. If not, basic sound cards are very cheap.

what kind of monitor do you have connected ?

im using my tv as a monitor and its a built in sound card i’ve tried the headphones n checked device manager and the options nothing has worked

How is your tv connected to your pc ? What type of cable ?

hdmi but thats just for picture

There is your issue right there, if you are running vista or windows 7, you have to go into the sound card and disable hdmi audio, if you were to turn up the sound on your tv, i bet you will hear the sound you are looking for :smile:

By the way the first letter of every word was upper case, I assumed the original post was spam.

[quote=“jase”]

There is your issue right there, if you are running vista or windows 7, you have to go into the sound card and disable hdmi audio, if you were to turn up the sound on your tv, i bet you will hear the sound you are looking for :smile:[/quote]

Hi jase, to clear up some info, the HDMI is not used for the comp, he is using normal VGA into TV, and the sound output (Green plug) into back of tv through 3.5 jack, he has front and back jacks on computer, and as NativeDude said when you plug in the 3.5 jack it shows up in software, he has tried using headphones but those as well do not play sound through but as he said before does show up in software that there are plug in to. the comp with this set up was working until a week ago when the sound stoped working all together. me thinks hardware issue maybe ?..

Just verifying…so the hdmi cable is not being used at all?
In ‘Device Manager’ uninstall the sound device driver and reboot the computer. If there’s a corrupted driver it might fix itself when you restart. Also, what ‘software’ shows the speakers or headphones plugged in?
Good luck with this.

Umm he just said this, does no one see this ?

when you plug a screen in and use hdmi, windows ( 99% ) of the time will select the HDMI port to pass audio through, so if that is how he has it setup then i BET his audio is going to the tv. All he has to do is change where the audio is sent to.

Does seem a bit odd that someone posts for help but doesn’t respond when people are trying to figure out what’s wrong…???

Like it’s formatted to show up on one of those useless annoying search sites like fixya.com?

Anyone else ever noticed that the audio cable everyone looks for, mini-jack to 2 RCA can’t be found anywhere anymore? Biggest cable supplier can still sell you 9 pin null modem cables but never, ever has them in stock. Shoulda scooped a bunch I saw in a dollar store this summer…

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Like it’s formatted to show up on one of those useless annoying search sites like fixya.com?

Anyone else ever noticed that the audio cable everyone looks for, mini-jack to 2 RCA can’t be found anywhere anymore? Biggest cable supplier can still sell you 9 pin null modem cables but never, ever has them in stock. Shoulda scooped a bunch I saw in a dollar store this summer…[/quote]

Need a cable of some sort ? monoprice.com :smile: that’s where I buy all my fibre cable from & cat6e cables.