Has Harper started his contingency plan for Enbridge?

[quote=“hitest”]

We are not at that point YET but if we keep down this road then either us or our children may need to violently take back our democracy. Hopefully not but we’re on a bad road.

The americans… well they are pretty much there.

I will agree that the veneer of democracy that we live with is getting paper thin. I do have a problem with a revolutionary approach to reform. Who decides when the government is brought down? Does the revolution accurately reflect the will of the people? Democracy is in a sorry state in Canada, but, it is the best method for determining the will of the people at the present time.[/quote]

Revolution is a personal decision and when enough people decide that step is needed the government will be brought down. Think of it like a reverse election :wink:

[quote=“jesus”]
Revolution is a personal decision and when enough people decide that step is needed the government will be brought down. Think of it like a reverse election :wink:[/quote]

I understand the concept. :smile:
I respectfully disagree with you on the usefulness of a violent uprising. Who can guarantee that the new rulers will be any better?

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jesus”]
Revolution is a personal decision and when enough people decide that step is needed the government will be brought down. Think of it like a reverse election :wink:[/quote]

I understand the concept. :smile:
I respectfully disagree with you on the usefulness of a violent uprising. Who can guarantee that the new rulers will be any better?

Well we havent had much success in the middle east but germany was a success :wink: Violence should always be used as a last resort but there are cases where it was necessary.

[quote=“jesus”]
Well we havent had much success in the middle east but germany was a success :wink: Violence should always be used as a last resort but there are cases where it was necessary.[/quote]

There are some cases where violence is needed. Agreed. But, we are not living under a fascist regime. :smile:

Go back and read what he said: he said democracy doesn’t work (because people are too lazy to vote), so we should use violence to get what we want.

He wasn’t talking about a breakdown or usurping of democracy. He was advocating for violence as a means of politics instead of democracy.

The endgame of such thinking is whoever is the best at violence gets all the power, right? i.e.: warlords, and eventually kings and dictators. Yup, what a great solution to voter apathy.

Revolution doesn’t have to be violent. But when you’re in the situation we are here in the states, it’s in the forecast. The system by which we vote with has been compromised. Vote for whoever you want to be president. The fact is… nobody becomes president here with out being a pre-approved stooge. The powers that be in Washington are untouched by the way we vote. Every president since Reagan has been owned by “them”.

When you vote, all you’re doing is selecting the talking head you want to see on TV for the next 4 years telling us what a world of poop we’re in.

That’s not democracy. That’s not power to the people. It’s a lie. And Canada is not that far behind us. Maybe 10 years. Because the same people who control this country are out to do the same thing to Canada. Part of this 'New World Order" you keep hearing about. Two things are attracting them. You’re next door and you have oil. Otherwise, you would have a government that listened to you. The fact that your’s is as hard of hearing the voice of the people as much as mine is cannot be considered a good sign.

I’ve been watching this unfold for decades. It’s bigger than you are. It’s backed by powerful people and corporations.

You think you can vote your way out of this, go ahead and try.

x

Ok fine, but that’s not what you wrote.

You don’t have faith in democracy. People are lazy. Violence is the solution.

That’s what you wrote.

You can try and backpedal and shift it over to a New World Order discussion if you’d like, but that’s not what you started with.

[quote=“MiG”]Go back and read what he said: he said democracy doesn’t work (because people are too lazy to vote), so we should use violence to get what we want.

He wasn’t talking about a breakdown or usurping of democracy. He was advocating for violence as a means of politics instead of democracy.

The endgame of such thinking is whoever is the best at violence gets all the power, right? i.e.: warlords, and eventually kings and dictators. Yup, what a great solution to voter apathy.[/quote]

Oh I know thats not what he was saying. I was disagreeing but clarifying that violence is democracies ugly cousin and from time to time violence is required to maintain a democracy. I don’t think anyone can disagree with that.

What I’m saying is democracy is like a nuclear reactor. When it goes bad, it goes bad quickly. Because democracy doesn’t have an auto-pilot. You have to pay attention ALL the time.

Democracy only works when everybody is well informed and participating. Neither is happening. So this leaves the door wide open for people who take advantage of that exploit. Big money and corporate interests are often the first to pounce. To say nothing of those who desire to control the world. Something that seems to happen about 2 or 3 times a century.

In a democratic society where you get to vote on stuff, you can’t control the vote with force. They would just revolt. You control the flow of information by which people are making their votes on. You manipulate their opinions. So when they do vote, it’s in line with what you want. And they’re comfortable, because they think they’re well informed and it was their decision. You’re happy, and they’re very happy.

At least until someone like me comes along and tells you what end is up.

Enbridge is going to happen if you don’t put up a big enough fight. Nobody is going to risk revolution over a pipeline. You or them. So it comes down to whoever mounts the best defence. You don’t want this, you damn well be be LOUD about it.

Louder than “them”. Because your silence will be seen as permission to continue with it.

x

[quote=“DHCollins”]
At least until someone like me comes along and tells you what end is up.
x[/quote]

Yeah…right. Your advice to fix things was to pick up a rock.

[quote=“DHCollins”].
You want change, you better put down your ballot and pick up a rock…
x[/quote]

I don’t think that rock throwing is the answer to our problems. Frankly that is a very simplistic view of things.

Our predicament here is approaching critical mass. People are starting to understand what I’ve been talking about. That someone else is running the show besides the citizens. And that our military is in service to other people’s agenda.

The occupy movement is just the beginning. It’s going to eventually turn into a revolution with running in the streets and martial law. The only reason it hasn’t done so yet is because most people are still in a comfort zone and don’t want to rock the boat. But as the anger within the population builds, it will find an expression. We’ve had over 200 years for crud to build up and people to settle into stratified layers.

Things like revolution are akin to pressure release valves. They happen because they need to. They’re not based on radical groups wanting to overthrow the government, but ordinary people who are fighting against a government gone bad. It’s a patriotic duty to take down a bad “democratic” government.

We’re not that soured yet, but it’s getting uncomfortably close. And by the time the people have had enough, they powers that be will have something in place to deal with you. I would like to think that voting is going to change things, because that’s what I was raised to believe in. But I’m old enough now to know that it doesn’t do anything but change the window dressing and feed you crumbs from your own table. So consulting both the history books and the crystal ball, a great upheaval is on the horizon.

I plan to watch from a distance.

x

Yeah we’re not Palestinians.
Molotov cocktails are WAY BETTER.

Democracy is too hard. Make me King. I’ll even find a perverted dwarf to be the Hand.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]

Democracy is too hard. Make me King. I’ll even find a perverted dwarf to be the Hand.[/quote]

King herbie has a nice ring to it. :smile: