Half Marathon and 8K

Rupert Runners is holding its 33rd annual Half Marathon/8K Road Race on Sunday, April 13.

The route is along Highway 16 from the Lester Centre to the 4K marker (just short of Butze) and back.

The half marathon goes from the Lester Centre to the Galloway Rapids turnoff and back.

There is also a two team half marathon relay with one member running out to Galloway and the other running back.

Information and entry forms can be found here. rupertrunners.com/events/p-r-1-2-marathon

Hope to see you there.

Just bumping this up. If our recent weather has been scaring you from registering, the weather for next Sunday’s race is looking just fine.

theweathernetwork.com/weathe … nce-rupert

[quote=“DWhite”]Just bumping this up. If our recent weather has been scaring you from registering, the weather for next Sunday’s race is looking just fine.

theweathernetwork.com/weathe … nce-rupert[/quote]

Hope it goes smoother than this one…

bbc.com/news/uk-england-sout … e-26910318

[quote=“Old major”]

Hope it goes smoother than this one…

bbc.com/news/uk-england-sout … e-26910318[/quote]

Thanks for the link.

I find it stressful helping organize an event that usually has 80 or so participants.

I can’t imagine organizing an event with 4000 runners like that one. In Victoria, I ran with over 5000 people and because I start nearer the back with people my speed, it took almost five minutes of shuffling before we reached the starting line so I can see how there might have been some confusion when they announced the cancellation. I was a block away from the starting line and couldn’t hear a thing - just followed the crowd.

In Rupert, water shouldn’t be an issue and the forecast is calling for perfect running conditions.

Still time to register. You can register on Saturday in person at the Civic Centre between 10-12 and even the day of the race if you don’t believe the forecast.

Now that the weather is starting to look better and you have decided to register, head down to the Civic on Saturday morning between 10 - 12 or if you are wanting to 100% sure you can still register at 12 noon on Sunday. Shirts are still available.

If you have already registered, race packages can be picked up between 10 - 12 tomorrow or the day of the race.