Guess where this is (#5)

All righty, here’s my submission for “Where is this?” Shouldn’t be too tough, I decided my first choice of Doha, Qatar (site of the most recent round of WTO talks) might be a bit over-doing it.

http://www.sfu.ca/~hseidema/mystery.JPG

20 yes/no questions starting… NOW!

Is it in the western hemisphere?

Is it in Asia?

[quote=“Ramallah”] I decided my first choice of Doha, Qatar (site of the most recent round of WTO talks) might be a bit over-doing it.
[/quote]

Yeah a bit!!! I was going to post an aerial pic of the church where I got married but I figured out it’s only significant to me ( and hopefully to my wife!).
Come on Ramallah, tell us that this picture you posted has more significance than being the place where a bunch of bureaucrats get together. We know you are smart and knowledgeable, you don’t need to shove it down our throat!

When I first started coming to HTMF… I always used to pronounce Ramallah as Rammalamma.

bing bang boom?

As in ding dong.

Does this place have cigars named after it?

Is there an old guy wearing a weird beard in military uniform going around this city saying things like “Viva La Revolution” and “Bush esta muy loco”?

Is this Havana?

http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image_gx.asp?cpx=-82.38243913&cpy=23.12356223&res=30&provider_id=340&t=pan

Well jeez… you didn’t even ask a question before you figured it out!

That must be a record, he didn’t even answer any questions, and you got the right answer.

Okay BigThumb…how’d you do that? Did he leave file information that you googled?

Well, all I did is figured out that it was a major port with the body of water NNW of it.
So I looked at a world map then proceded by elimination: It wasn’t in the Netherlands ( The Hague doesn’t look like this). Then I thought maybe it was a great lake port. If you look, Cleveland is orientated in the same direction but it’s not it. Then I just scanned towards the south and, out of luck, Havana showed up in the middle of the screen. So I zoomed in and saw the harbour characteristic shape. That’s it! It took ten minutes! (What am I going to do tonight when I can’t sleep?)

I wonder what significance Ramallah attached to the picture.

Well, thanks, 'cause it saved me 3 hours that I can now use for World of Warcraft!

You were ready to go crazy again were you?

Anyhow, who wants my picture posting privilege now?
First come first serve!

Great work BigThumb…if you can’t sleep tonight, find a new picture for us to guess.

[quote=“BigThumb”]

You were ready to go crazy again were you?

Anyhow, who wants my picture posting privilege now?
First come first serve![/quote]

Can I have the privilege?

[quote=“Dave”]

Can I have the privilege?[/quote]

Yes, post a picture. Remember, start a new topic.

Wow. I checked up on this a couple times today, and there were no posts, and then I check back before bed, and not only are there a crapload of posts, but it’s been solved before I could even answer any questions! So un-fun from my side of things.

I’m thinking Doha would have been better in hindsight. I think it would have been possible, albeit difficult. Certainly not as easy as Havana turned out to be.

Speaking of Doha, I wasn’t trying to look smart when I thought of it. It’s got some distinctive geography, but would take some solid detective work to get you into the right area. Thought it would be good choice is all. Don’t assume please.

Doha

[quote=“Ramallah”]Wow. I checked up on this a couple times today, and there were no posts, and then I check back before bed, and not only are there a crapload of posts, but it’s been solved before I could even answer any questions! So un-fun from my side of things.

I’m thinking Doha would have been better in hindsight. I think it would have been possible, albeit difficult. Certainly not as easy as Havana turned out to be.

Speaking of Doha, I wasn’t trying to look smart when I thought of it. It’s got some distinctive geography, but would take some solid detective work to get you into the right area. Thought it would be good choice is all. Don’t assume please.

Doha[/quote]

I apologize. Yeah maybe a bit tougher would have been better although I had a little bit of luck and I would have followed the same procedure for Doha.
I hope you will participate in the next challenge that Dave will post.

Will I participate in Dave’s?..

All signs point to yes.