Growing Hatred of MS

Did you know that you can’t upgrade a 98/ME installation with the OEM XP? You have to hack around with Bart and make it think it’s a ‘full’ version first.
The upgrade version also costs way more than the OEM, and this is just plain greedy. Oinky, oinky Mr. Bill!
And they finally talked me into upgrading my Office to Office 2003, so I could grab those customer files that came in Pub XP or Pub 2003 format. Afterwards I discover that it likes all it’s clipart to come from online! I have eight years of clipart on my system, and the wizard grabbed every stupid jpg-gif-old iffs on my system, but not the millions of wmf files from all those previous Publishers. I’ve pissed around and can only see how to add them to my catalogue one at a time. What a crock of shit! It reminded me of the very first time I ran an XP upgrade and it took an entire weekend to get the computer back in service.
I HATE MICROSOFT.
Every upgrade they miss something entirely important and add millions of useless frivolous crap.
So I’ve partitioned off a chunk of the laptop so it dual boots and I just about have Fedora done. It took a whole 10 minutes afterwards to find a solution to m onboard Allegro sound, but I’m hung on my Asus WL-100G wireless card.
I really want to keep it, because it’s got a flip up antenna that adds a few db of gain and I love it. Anyone know a fix?

Lesson learned? Don’t ‘upgrade’ Windows… DUH!

k my friend is running WinXP and she says she tries to start up the computer, and it says on a black screen “Windows will start in 30 seconds” and then it seems like it’s starting, but it goes back to the “Windows will start in 30 seconds” again. Anyone know what’s happening?

I figure she’s loaded with a virus or spyware or something of the like, but I don’t know jack.

Sounds to me like she needs to Rotate her processor.

[quote=“smartass”]k my friend is running WinXP and she says she tries to start up the computer, and it says on a black screen “Windows will start in 30 seconds” and then it seems like it’s starting, but it goes back to the “Windows will start in 30 seconds” again. Anyone know what’s happening?

I figure she’s loaded with a virus or spyware or something of the like, but I don’t know jack.[/quote]

Something must be wrong with the rotator splint

Some people insist on it so they can keep their stolen copy of Office 97. Or they’re a multimillion dollar outfit (or college) that lost their 4 Works for Windows floppy disks and 'just don’t want to upgrade that, it is just fine.