Greyhound cuts in the north?

Please refrain from hurling insults as I ask this question, I only heard a blurb on CFTK and missed the story. All I heard was that they are cutting 11 trips per week between Rupert and PG. I haven’t travelled on the bus in years so am unaware of the current schedule, how will the new schedule pan out?

CFTK: Greyhound Makes Cuts in the Northwest

Greyhound received approval to reduce its bus service between Prince Rupert and Prince George, despite objection from communities across the region.

Greyhound will be reducing the route from Prince George to Prince Rupert to one trip going east and one going west daily, eliminating 11 runs per week.

thenorthernview.com/news/187333291.html

Northern view has it as well… Although it’s going to be harder to get out of town, i can understand it, as they have to make money… The price has sure climbed over the years, a friend took it a few days ago and paid $65 round trip to Terrace…I guess what will happen is strictly the morning bus east and than evening west, possibly the 2 mornings that there were cut out will be returned Sunday and Monday… But overall it’s a greatly reduced service… So if you have an early appointment in Terrace you can no longer catch a bus the night before… I wonder when the change will occur?

Cuts are throughout BC

vancouversun.com/news/metro/ … story.html

No shit! Fort St. James is being cut to one trip a week.
So how will they get to the welfare office down in Vanderhoof? Taxi?

[quote=“jamesbrown”]http://www.thenorthernview.com/news/187333291.html

Northern view has it as well… Although it’s going to be harder to get out of town, i can understand it, as they have to make money… The price has sure climbed over the years, a friend took it a few days ago and paid $65 round trip to Terrace…I guess what will happen is strictly the morning bus east and than evening west, possibly the 2 mornings that there were cut out will be returned Sunday and Monday… But overall it’s a greatly reduced service… So if you have an early appointment in Terrace you can no longer catch a bus the night before… I wonder when the change will occur?

Cuts are throughout BC

vancouversun.com/news/metro/ … story.html[/quote]

Though it runs only twice a week, the train is cheaper:

Train is 3 days a week

Leaving Rupert at 800 Wed Fri Sun
Leaving George at 800 Thurs Sat Mon

be prepared to wait for delays esp on the west bound due to heavy frieight … It is cheaper if booked at least the day prior to departure…

My bad; three days a week.

Last year I found it was cheaper to book a week ahead but have found the now there is no difference.

Via offers lower fares even the day before now… the day of travel if you wait you pay full fare, far nicer ride than the bus… however there are often long delays…