Golden Retreiver to the right home

I have a golden retriever that I am looking to adopt to a new home.

She is pure bred (no papers), she’s about 1 year old, beautiful, and extremely friendly and cuddly. She’s very good natured, such a sweetie. She loves being near to you and loves to give and receive affection. She needs lots of exercise, so she would be a fantastic family dog. She has lived with two cats and another dog and socializes very well. She is not food-agressive, and you can take anything from her without being snappy and possessive.

As she is still young, she can be very hyper and very antsy when she hasn’t had enough exercise.

She is house-trained but has the occasional accident (usually our fault or she ate something that upsets her stomach) and doesn’t destroy anything other than socks and sometimes chews on her bed. She comes with a bed, chew toy, kennel, and some food. Unfortunately, she is currently in heat and not spayed, and this should be done. We haven’t been able to afford to have her fixed yet. She’s great on walks, doesn’t chew the leash and heels quite well. She understands many commands: she sits, heels, shakes paws, lays down, fetches (still needs some work bringing it back), goes to her bed when asked, moves backwards, and is learning to stay.

She is my best friend and I hate to see her go. I honestly hope that nobody responds to this message so she doesn’t go.

I’m working full-time and my wife can no longer take care of her.

Please call us at 250 600 0340 if you are interested and would like to meet her, otherwise she may end up at the SPCA, and that’s something that I DO NOT want to see her go through. I am not asking anything for her, I just want to see her placed with the right family that will love her for the rest of her life.

Please make sure she dose go to a good loving home , one that won’t mind you popping in to once in awhile to make sure she is being looked after right , also make sure they get her fixed there are enough unwanted puppy’s and kittens in this town . I would love to take her but I have 2 Dogs and 2 cat’s already .
Good luck on finding a good loving and for ever home for her.

“mini wheat” is so right on the money with their post ! I am so sorry you feel this is your only option but I am sure a decision not made lightly. Sometimes it is better to ask a minimal amount for your pet though as it can help insure some responsibility on behalf of the prospective new owner. The SPCA would be traumatic for her after living with her family. I shared your post with a lady I know with 2 beautiful dogs already and will pass on any info I receive. If you don’t feel you should charge a minimal amount, may I suggest you ask the “new” person to not only make an appt. for spaying but also to pay for either the whole procedure or partial payment and ask for confirmation of that before you think of giving her away. That will guarantee some responsibility.
Have you thought of a dog walker or doggie day care? There is a great one in town !! I can get the number for you if you may see that as an option. Good Luck and please keep us posted.

I understand how difficult this decision is for you. Puppies are a lot of work, especially energetic retriever puppies. I urge you to reconsider rehoming her right now. It’s a hectic time and the weather has been brutal. If you can find a way to exercise her regularly, her behaviour will improve. Have you considered a dog walker or a treadmill? In a few months the chewing and other issues will most likely be over. You will never find a more loyal friend if you can stick it out. Good luck, if you must rehome her, I hope you find a good one. This is a heartbreaking situation and a cautionary tale to others who fail to predict the commitment it takes to be a good dog owner.

I’ve decided that I’m keeping her. I love this cute little fuzzy mutt too much to just let my best friend go.

So I have to take her off the adoption table. Sorry to all who responded to this post. I’ve found her a home, mine.

[quote=“Oskey”]I’ve decided that I’m keeping her. I love this cute little fuzzy mutt too much to just let my best friend go.

So I have to take her off the adoption table. Sorry to all who responded to this post. I’ve found her a home, mine.[/quote]

Very happy to hear. You’re her family, and even though she would have made a lovely addition to someone else’s family it was the right decision. It would have been a sad/bad situation if you had realized this after you found her a new home.

[quote=“Oskey”]I’ve decided that I’m keeping her. I love this cute little fuzzy mutt too much to just let my best friend go.

So I have to take her off the adoption table. Sorry to all who responded to this post. I’ve found her a home, mine.[/quote]

No apology needed. I’m glad things are working out. Welcome to our forum. :smile:

"Oskey’ Best news today! So happy for you, she is your family and your world would never have been the same without her in it ! AWESOME news !! Yay !!

I am so glad to hear that you have found away to keep her in your family , that is the best thing for both her and you .

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments HTMF friends! I appreciate the support :smile: It definately wasn’t an easy thing writing up an ad, and not something that I wanted to do. Where she goes, I go :smile: Having said that, anyone looking to adopt a Golden Retreiver and 30yo Human? LOL jk