Gmail humor

I laughed at this when I saw it this afternoon at the office. Someone asked me whats so funny so I showed it to them and all I got a blank stare…

The joke was completely lost on them. oh well…

:open_mouth: You can delete stuff in Gmail??? When the heck did that happen??

Maybe they are running out of space like hotmail is!! You all better start forwarding those emails before they delete your account!!

Nah, you could always delete in gmail, but it was two steps. Click “other actions” and then “delete.” But now the delete button is more prominent.

Funny cartoon, though.

[quote=“VMS”]http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/06jan/xuf008725.gif

I laughed at this when I saw it this afternoon at the office. Someone asked me whats so funny so I showed it to them and all I got a blank stare…

The joke was completely lost on them. oh well…[/quote]

Yeah, that was cute. I think the idea with not having it as a button before was to emphasize that you have enough space that you’ll never need to delete another message again.

Now if only they’d have a link to your address book from the regular compose page…

Quite simply they got tired of people asking them how to delete an item.

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]

Now if only they’d have a link to your address book from the regular compose page…[/quote]

Why do you need a link to your address book? just type their “name/label” or even one letter of it and you can scroll through. Roundcube webmail works much the same way I love it.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]

Now if only they’d have a link to your address book from the regular compose page…[/quote]

Why do you need a link to your address book? just type their “name/label” or even one letter of it and you can scroll through. Roundcube webmail works much the same way I love it.[/quote]

That’s fine if you’re just sending a message to one person, but if you’re sending it to more than one, it’s helpful to be able to just click on the boxes in the list.

True, you can do that from the “contacts” link, but I think having it as an option in the main compose interface would be more intuitive.

VMS, your avatar is too similar to yngwie_69’s I click on his threads expecting something intelligent (thinking its you) and man am I sorely disappointed.

VMS has had that avatar for a loooong time.

And you should look at your avatar before complaining about somebody else’s :wink:

I hate when people (^) change their avatar all the time, I never know whos talking. : P

Be careful because he’s Harry Potter girl and he’s got the magic wand and he can change your Dr. Pepper for a Fanta.