Gas prices

WTF!!!GAS IS $1.31 TODAY IN RUPERT,AT A TIME WHEN OIL IS IN THE TOILET!WHAT A FRIGGEN RIPOFF!

I’ve read that gas prices have gone up all across Canada.

Not enough competition at refinery and wholesaler levels = record profits for them.

The price is set so that it’s just barely under what it would cost to buy it from the next wholesaler and transport it in.

Rip off is right.

cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns … -1.3178429

Listened to a talk show yesterday where the guest said the problem with transit ridership in Vancouver was due to the ‘fact’ that gas prices have dropped so much and wages have risen so much.
The host did not even contest the fact his conclusion was based on two pieces of complete bullshit…
In Prince George rices rose 14c a litre overnight. The official bullshit is that it is due to
refinery in the central USA having a problem.
We’ll believe anything, right? Even gouging and usery during an election campaign.
Look out! There’s another terrorist!

step right this way folks, nothing going on

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
Look out! There’s another terrorist![/quote]

Reminds me of this cartoon I read on the Internetz.

I can handle gas prices going up as I can walk.

But over price rice? What will this do to Asian cuisine places around town. Elizabeth May - i’m voting for you.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Listened to a talk show yesterday where the guest said the problem with transit ridership in Vancouver was due to the ‘fact’ that gas prices have dropped so much and wages have risen so much.
The host did not even contest the fact his conclusion was based on two pieces of complete bullshit…
In Prince George RICES rose 14c a litre overnight. The official bullshit is that it is due to
refinery in the central USA having a problem.
We’ll believe anything, right? Even gouging and usery during an election campaign.
Look out! There’s another terrorist![/quote]

[quote=“CC Dynamo”] Elizabeth May - i’m voting for you.
[/quote]

Does our riding have a green party candidate?

My eyes are dim I cannot see
I did not have my specs with me
cannot afford Retina LCD…