GAs Gouge on it's way

As of 3:30 still $1.219 at the Grassy Bay Petro Canada with a few line-ups though.

I would like some one to explain to me how gas can go from 117.9 to 136.9 when the gas in the holding tank hasn’t changed. When is the Federal government going to look into price gouging from oil companies…probably never. If its this high now imagine what it will be in the summer. Oil isn’t even $100 a barrell.

See my post above and read the second paragraph in quotations for an explanation. The price of oil is only one component of market value. And the fact that there is still gas in the tanks doesn’t mean anything, it is a commodity whose price is subject to change. Think of it the same a gold. The gold ring you wear is worth a whole lot more than it did 10 years ago, but it is the same piece of metal.

Why is gas in Prince Rupert $ 136.9, but between P.G. and Terrace its anywhere from 122.9 and 129.9?

Lack of real competition. Cities that have box stores and supermarket gas bars are usually cheapest because those stores don’t rely on making a profit from gas sales. They can sell gas as a lost leader to get customers into buy other stuff. Other places that had a big spike dropped a bit after a few days of gouging (for the refiner, not the gas station). Your gas price will probably come down in the next few days like most other places did to under 1.30

Gas is always the cheapest at Grassy Bay race track gas in the industrial site :smile:

On its way back up in PG last couple days. Some stations now $128.9 a few tried to go up to $134.9 but couldn’t stick.
$120.9 here in the Fort… almost seems cheap!

You’re lucky to have it so cheap. Over here it’s gone over 150 yen per litre (CAD $1.63 according to Google).

Petro Canada in the Industrial Site is still 121.9…I gassed up there yesterday.

Chevron, Esso and the other Petro Canada on Hays Cove are all 136.9…makes NO sense for them to be that much higher than one of the other stations.

[quote=“bthedog”]Petro Canada in the Industrial Site is still 121.9…I gassed up there yesterday.

Chevron, Esso and the other Petro Canada on Hays Cove are all 136.9…makes NO sense for them to be that much higher than one of the other stations.[/quote]

That won’t last, the Petro Can will have to increase soon. Get it while you can.

Gas 139.9 Hays Cove Petro Can as of 11:00 A M

^Ridiculous!

It was 131.9 there at 4 pm.

Price of gas is outrageous. We went to Alberta recently and gas here was 126.9 when we left. We paid 112.9 in Edson. Now its almost 150 a litre. Why?? What are the tax breakdowns here? I know in Vancouver .17¢ a litre goes to transit. Price of oil isn’t any higher. Its such a rip off. GREED!!!.

Just shot up another 7c in Prince George. $1.42.9
oink oink oink

Is it a long weekend thing?

All the stations except Superstore put their prices up 10 cents or more. The Superstore & Extra foods stations left their prices the same (which was already the cheapest) and they are now having one of those 25 cents off a litre promotions.

Prince George went from 129.9 to 135.9 at the start of the week, Sat. morning kaboing 142.9. Two price hikes for the long weekend.

Gas was 126.9 last week, 138.9 earlier in the week and now its 148.9. Crazy!!!