GAs Gouge on it's way

Don’t know if it’s reached Rupert but gas jumped 10c a litre in Prince George and Vanderhoof today.
250 news reported that some stations tried to raise it 15c a litre overnight but they had to roll it back because others wouldn’t gouge that much.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Don’t know if it’s reached Rupert but gas jumped 10c a litre in Prince George and Vanderhoof today.
250 news reported that some stations tried to raise it 15c a litre overnight but they had to roll it back because others wouldn’t gouge that much.[/quote]

$1.17 when I filled up today.

$1.06/L in central Alberta and I’m still laughing at you poor BC guys. lol

And we are laughing at you for having to be in Alberta. I did time there, know all about it. Enjoy!

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

And we are laughing at you for having to be in Alberta. I did time there, know all about it. Enjoy![/quote]

Completely agree. I love when Albertans talk about their cheap gas. I guess they haven’t figured out they can use that cheap gas to get out of the hellhole that is Alberta.

Not going to get into an Alberta versus BC comparison, except to say that churches seem better in Alberta.

[quote=“MiG”]Not going to get into an Alberta versus BC comparison, except to say that churches seem better in Alberta.

http://i.imgur.com/AVD5TJW.jpg[/quote]

Classic Fort Mac. lol

[quote=“MiG”]Not going to get into an Alberta versus BC comparison, except to say that churches seem better in Alberta.

http://i.imgur.com/AVD5TJW.jpg[/quote]

LOL :smile:

So Prince George has already backed off the increase down to $119.9 over the last couple days.
Here in the Fort, Tuesday is delivery day. Went to bed it was $114.9 woke up to $124.9.
i was told it was because we were off the main road. It’s $120,9 in Vanderhoof so that must mean it costs $1600 to drive THE tanker truck an extra 40 miles.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]So Prince George has already backed off the increase down to $119.9 over the last couple days.
Here in the Fort, Tuesday is delivery day. Went to bed it was $114.9 woke up to $124.9.
i was told it was because we were off the main road. It’s $120,9 in Vanderhoof so that must mean it costs $1600 to drive THE tanker truck an extra 40 miles.[/quote]

It costs 1.5 cents / litre per 1000 km to transport gasoline (based on a full tanker load)

136.9 for diesel…wtf???..20 cents more a litre for a product less refined as gasoline?

.84 CDN $ here in Mexico.
Gottal love subsidized gas.

[quote=“Bbop”].84 CDN $ here in Mexico.
Gottal love subsidized gas.[/quote]

Those poor BC’ers are going to hate you more than Albertans. lol

Another crazy thing about Alberta, people don’t seem to give a shit about the price of gas.

Case in point, an Esso station right next door to a Superstore/Extra Foods station. $1.29 at Esso versus $1.12 at Superstore. Guess which station was busier? Yup, the Esso station. And these are trucks with 100 litre tanks, I’m sure. Heck, Superstore even gives you back 7 cents a litre, so it’s even cheaper. But it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Even when people do use the Superstore gas station, they leave their $4.00 or $5.00 Superbucks receipts in the pump.

Wow.

LOL. Superstore gas bar must be a gold mine for you. I guess them rig pigs like their aeroplan points.

Here in Red Deer, people seem to avoid filling up at Shell.

Maybe that’s it. If someone else is paying, and they’re getting points, they don’t care what it costs.

Hence the higher prices at some stations.

But still, I’m not one of those guys who goes out of his way to pick up a penny dropped on the sidewalk. But if someone is dropping 5 dollar bills, I’ll pick 'em up :smile:

I have a friend who only goes to Shell :smile: But he works for them, so I guess it’s brand loyalty. No use pointing out that Shell gas is delivered by the same truck that fills the Superstore.

[quote=“MiG”]Maybe that’s it. If someone else is paying, and they’re getting points, they don’t care what it costs.

Hence the higher prices at some stations.

But still, I’m not one of those guys who goes out of his way to pick up a penny dropped on the sidewalk. But if someone is dropping 5 dollar bills, I’ll pick 'em up :smile:

I have a friend who only goes to Shell :smile: But he works for them, so I guess it’s brand loyalty. No use pointing out that Shell gas is delivered by the same truck that fills the Superstore.[/quote]

It could be for the Airmiles. Also , Shell is a Top Tier fuel, so their additive package meets a standard that the gas at Superstore doesn’t. To some people that is important.

I’d say it’s a combination of wanting Aeroplan points (Esso) and Airmiles (Shell). And the fact that most times they’re not paying for the fuel themselves, as was already pointed out.

Does the Shell station actually add these ‘additives’ themselves? Because I’ve watched the exact same truck deliver the exact same fuel to Shell and to other stations.

[quote=“MiG”]I’d say it’s a combination of wanting Aeroplan points (Esso) and Airmiles (Shell). And the fact that most times they’re not paying for the fuel themselves, as was already pointed out.

Does the Shell station actually add these ‘additives’ themselves? Because I’ve watched the exact same truck deliver the exact same fuel to Shell and to other stations.[/quote]

Yes, same gas but an additive put in when the tanks are filled. It is a tiny amount, but is it worth it? I don’t know, it is probably all marketing just to get you loyal to a brand. But the major car manufacturers want increased detergents and thats why they created “Top Tier” gasoline recognition. Also some brands add ethanol, others don’t depending on where they are located.