Friday night show

Yes, I registered just to post this. It’s shameless - but effortless!

Daybreak After Dark September 6, 2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Your locked out CBC staff from Prince Rupert and Prince George will be
back in action
for one night to present you with Daybreak After Dark! We take our
morning show to the live stage with Russell Bowers and James Evans as
your hosts. We’ll be entertaining you with some of Prince Rupert’s
finest talent in music, theatre and poetry, as well as letting you know
what’s happening with the lock-out. The event will take place at the
Tom Rooney Playhouse on September the 9th starting at 8:00 pm.

Performers include: Prince Rupert’s singer/songwriter Sall Gibson as
well as new comers to Prince Rupert’s music scene Tom and Kate. Leanne
Boschman- Epp will be performing a sound poem. David Smook will be
leading the local improv troupe in some live comedy, and Rudy Kelly
will be providing a solo commentary. There will be our ever so popular
trivia contest with a mug give away and the Good Question Lady will be
making an appearance.

All this will be happening in the support of your local Canadian Media
Guild members who have been locked out since August 15 by CBC
management and this show will be dedicated to our dear and loyal
listeners.

Many people have donated their time and equipment to make this event
happen, and to show our appreciation, we are making this a free event.
Digital Printing and Creations has donated their services for this
event. The Harbour Theatre Society has donated the space at the Tom
Rooney Playhouse. Cowpuccino’s Coffee House has provided the event with
coffee and Baker Boy is supplying us with donations of donuts for the
show.

Also this show will be airing on CFUR 88.7fm, Prince George’s Campus
radio station, in the near future. Visit www.cfur.ca to find out more.

This will be the first CBC unplugged podcast to take place in Northern
BC. You can download all podcasts that are being made by CMG members by
going to: cbcunplugged.blogware.com/blog/P … /Vancouver

Scabs!

how can the empoyese of cbc who are locked out, but want to do this show be called scabs, lol…there the employese of cbc if they want to do a one night show let them no one is crossing the picket line…

[quote=“Astrothug”]

how can the empoyese of cbc who are locked out, but want to do this show be called scabs, lol…there the employese of cbc if they want to do a one night show let them no one is crossing the picket line…[/quote]

Unions brought you the weekend brother.

they did i thought that was God,
and on the sixth day god said onto man For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Witness!

Amen Brother :laughing:

if you missed the Daybreak After Dark show:

todmaffin.com/media/daybreakafterdark.mp3

If you use iTunes, you can subscribe to a bunch of CBC-ish podcasts automagically. Hit the podcasts button (or go to the music store) and search for “cbcunplugged.com

cbcunplugged.blogware.com/blog/Podcasts

and the feed itself is at

feeds.feedburner.com/cbcunplugged

Theres only about 10 mins a day worth listening to the cbc… thats the news… the rest of it is lame boring old garbage, from the 50’s that they’re trying to dump on us again.

“Here is ______ that nobody has heard before, that is here in the studio to play the ______ that nobody has heard of before”

-starts playing the random one of a kind instrument, and can’t even make out what the hell it really sounds like because of the old crappy 50’s radio broadcasting equipment.

Don’t confuse Finkelman with the rest of CBC. And don’t listen to CBC if you want your radio to play Britney Spears or Nickelback. You’re probably not their target audience anyway. This topic was discussed before but here are some good shows on CBC: Ideas, Dispatches (just the guitar intro is good!), and Go.

Yeah, I like a lot of what’s on the CBC.

But as for obscure musical instruments, if it wasn’t for the CBC, Prince Rupert wouldn’t have theremins!!

I agree there’s a lot of great stuff on CBC. It’s food for your mind.

DNTO rocks, and I like Quirks and Quarks.

As It Happens is the best current events program out there. You really start to appreciate CBC when you drive across Canada.

Oh, the local shows are great too.

[quote=“MiG”]I agree there’s a lot of great stuff on CBC. It’s food for your mind.

DNTO rocks, and I like Quirks and Quarks.

As It Happens is the best current events program out there. You really start to appreciate CBC when you drive across Canada.

Oh, the local shows are great too.[/quote]

You appreciate CBC just driving around the province here in BC. There are places where you cant get any radio, yet CBC has a repeater on some lone mountain that is broadcasting. Ive driven around BC a lot and while there are some places where you cant get CBC, in most places you can.

DNTO is good, As it Happens, and I like late, late night CBC where they have stuff from other countries.

The only shows I really know are the day-time ones, because I listen to them at work. I like the stuff on Saturdays though, DNTO, Go, etc.

I really miss CBC down here in “the States” (as we Canucks call it) even though I know full well I can get it on the internet and even Radio-Canada. In particular I miss ideas. That was an icredible program.

However, they have excellent public broadcasting of their own here call NPR, National Public Radio. Click and Clack, Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Fresh Air, Market Place, and the Prairie Home Companion are all some terrific programming. The area where I live has (officially) four seperate NPR stations in various formats: jazz, classical, talk, and pinko liberal. Of course, the latter applies mostly to any local programming which I avoid like the plague.

All of these programs are available at www.npr.org. You may have heard SNL try and make fun of it in the last few years.

A favourite of mine is Prairie Home Companion from “Lake Wobegone” where all the women are strong, and all the men are beautiful. They do spoof ads for the Catsup Advisory Board, sing the praises of Powder Milk Biscuits, and various skits concerning the minimum wage jobs of one unlucky slob who graduated college as an English Major.

One thing I’ve discovered is the contribution that Glenn Gould has made to radio documentaries is incredible. All those ambient sound bites from news journals really owe a lot to him.

[quote=“Lucky Day”]I really miss CBC down here in “the States” (as we Canucks call it) even though I know full well I can get it on the internet and even Radio-Canada. In particular I miss ideas. That was an icredible program.

However, they have excellent public broadcasting of their own here call NPR, National Public Radio. Click and Clack, Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Fresh Air, Market Place, and the Prairie Home Companion are all some terrific programming. The area where I live has (officially) four seperate NPR stations in various formats: jazz, classical, talk, and pinko liberal. Of course, the latter applies mostly to any local programming which I avoid like the plague.

All of these programs are available at www.npr.org. You may have heard SNL try and make fun of it in the last few years.

A favourite of mine is Prairie Home Companion from “Lake Wobegone” where all the women are strong, and all the men are beautiful. They do spoof ads for the Catsup Advisory Board, sing the praises of Powder Milk Biscuits, and various skits concerning the minimum wage jobs of one unlucky slob who graduated college as an English Major.

One thing I’ve discovered is the contribution that Glenn Gould has made to radio documentaries is incredible. All those ambient sound bites from news journals really owe a lot to him.[/quote]

Yeah, NPR is great too. The Armed Forces Radio Newtwork broadcasts All Things Considered every evening at around 7. A great yang to balance out the yin of the Rush Limbaugh show they broadcast after that.

BTW: What part of the States do you live in Lucky? If you’re willing to invest in the receiver, I think CBC also broadcasts via shortwave. You should have no problem picking that signal up.

I haven’t listened much to the CBC since Clyde Gilmour died. The thing about CBC radio is that it doesn’t have to subscribe to the “listening audience” since they get a chunk of federal funding. Hence no Britney.

Honestly, as much as I like the geez -after the completely awful coverage they gave to curling last year the CBC is not in my good books.

Man, Click and Clack rocks. Those guys are geniuses, and they’re funny.

The fact that you can subscribe to podcasts of All Things Considered and Click and Clack is another reason that an iPod with iTunes is better than just a normal CD player :wink:[/quote]

Car Talk!!!..brings back memories of visiting our good friends in Washington State. Sitting around the radio (they don’t own a tv) listening to the program on a Saturday morning before leaving for the market. Great times. It’s on podcast, that’s cool…I will have to look that one up!