Free & safe site to download music

I am trying to find a free and safe site where I may download some music , had lime wire once but now I see they are no more , can someone out there direct me to one please .

I don’t think I’ve downloaded any music since I started to use Pandora. And now with Spotify and all the rest, I don’t think there’s any pressing need to “keep” music anymore. But maybe that’s just me.

There are still places you can download music, i.e.: the bay of pirates or the torrents that kick butt places.

[quote=“MiG”]I don’t think I’ve downloaded any music since I started to use Pandora. And now with Spotify and all the rest, I don’t think there’s any pressing need to “keep” music anymore. But maybe that’s just me.

There are still places you can download music, i.e.: the bay of pirates or the torrents that kick butt places.[/quote]

I stream lots of music but still like to keep music on my device to keep my data reasonable and because I spend lots of time on the road and out of cellular range.

I don’t know a lot about streaming music (other than watching youtube and downloading itunes) so I suggested to Justin that he ask his question here.
Are there security issues that Justin should be aware of when he’s downloading free music?

I 2nd Pandora. It hasn’t changed much in the last 10 years, and paying for a Pandora One account only removes the occasional commerical ad, so… it’s essentially free.

If you have an Android device, Google Play Music is something like $10 bucks a month and you can listen to whatever you want AFAIK. I tend to lean towards Pandora myself. It’s in my car, it’s on my phone, it’s playing right now throughout the house thanks to Onkyo.

Be advised that downloading music via P2P/Torrent methods may lead you to viruses, trojans, password protected compressed directories (.RAR/.ZIP) that will ask you to go to some sketchy URL to find a password, or create an account, and so on…

If you really really must keep files on your computer, or if you’re looking to fill up a portable drive for your vehicle, that might be your best bet.

If you just want to listen to great music and hear new material with a thumbs up / thumbs down methodology, Pandora.

I also have one called Songza on my phone that has channel playlists that stream, at no charge other than data, or wifi.

There is also Jango. I’m also enjoying the podcast, The Best Radio You Have Never Heard.