Found Needles

yes we have a high percentage of Junkies in town, Coke users who choose to shoot-up and also roids. We have a needle exchange which was taken over by the province under mental health, mind you their hours are very weird but it is there. The concept of putting disposals on certain lamps posts around different parts of the community was once entertained but here we are all getting pissed off or calling each other down or just being clowns about it.

The cops can come up with all sorts of obscure crimes to charge people with when they want to.

Though carelessly discarding needles should be a fairly serious crime on its own.

I have seen a man who drives a small model blue car, walking around near the College and in the alleys carrying a sharps kit so I know he is picking them up and others around town do also.  I have picked up a couple behind SA after I was advised they were there but I have a sharps kit and rubber gloves . Not so hard to do, like was mentioned before, care and common sense.

Was that you Justin?

maybe its the local accupuncturist looking for supplies

Well that should slow down the foot traffic into local acupuncture clinics for the short term! :imp:

I work with him and his needles are all pre-packaged, sterile, and single-use.

u thought i was serious lol

I have never seen a dirty needle in rupert knock on wood and I’ve been here all my life (I have heard of them though)…I have however seen at least a dozen dirty needles in a 5 minute walk in PG. 

Compared to PG, rupert is so clean it shines!!  :stuck_out_tongue:

A couple friends of mine used to live on Queensway in PG, Which they call “the ghetto”. They were walking home to their apartment one night, and they came across two hookers having a turf war… They high tailed it out of there fast… I’m so small town, I’ve never seen a hooker.

You ain’t ever seen a Hooker ? Well I believe that I could help you out there as well just no cameras please.

No thanks… I’d prefer NOT to see a hooker…

are you being an online pimp? lol

That thought never crossed my mind, it does sound rather Jerry Springerish does it not. But I was just mentioning that since we do have a few in the community and surprised someone missed the occassion to see one. { I could say in the flesh } but you may just have a field day with that.

That is a very good point and I totally agree.

Again, you just have to be safe and use common sense. We secure our garbage well enough that some random person can’t wade through it.