Ford's Service

Just wondering if anyone else gets crappy service from Ford in town here. Car goes in at 9am today for a tire change & Basic Maint, the car is still not ready 5hrs later.

Update: Call Ford to ask them how much longer and they say we haven’t even started the basic maint yet. They also say the tires we paid $25 to store there from last year are no good anymore lol we just bought the winters last yr. Could they not of told us earlier in the day about the tires.

I always get great service.
Maybe you should present your
complaint to THEM, you might
get better results.

1. It’s a Ford dealership. They’ll find ways to make you spend $1500+ on a new set.
  2. Did you check the general condition of your winter tire set before you sent them and your $25 away? Which leads me to the next question:
  3. Why the f*ck did you throw away $25 to have a dealer service department “store” your tires?
  4. BTW, Ford sucks.

we have had poor service also… customer service ??? not really. We love our car ( a Ford) but hesitate to bring in for service here. Terrace is pretty good.

The Rupert and Terrace dealerships are owned by the same people. As far as I know.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

The Rupert and Terrace dealerships are owned by the same people. As far as I know.[/quote]

That would explain why I was confused, terrace ford is equally as ridiculous. My parents paid $225.00 to have a code read and reset because it “wasnt important” no explanation of what the codes were. I bought myself a 25.00 (yes twenty five) bluetooth code reader off ebay when the code came back and determined hey two cylinders are misfiring I’ll replace the spark plugs.

I am not a mechanic nor am I very mechanically inclined but generally if your ECU is telling you something its wise to listen and maybe google the codes…

Seriously though buy yourself one of the bluetooth code readers because its really cool even if you arent reading codes you can see graphs and huge amounts of other data that you didnt know your car was monitoring.

[quote=“Piknic”]I always get great service.
Maybe you should present your
complaint to THEM, you might
get better results.[/quote]

It has been presented to them :smile:

[quote=“PLA”]

1. It’s a Ford dealership. They’ll find ways to make you spend $1500+ on a new set.
  2. Did you check the general condition of your winter tire set before you sent them and your $25 away? Which leads me to the next question:
  3. Why the f*ck did you throw away $25 to have a dealer service department “store” your tires?
  4. BTW, Ford sucks.[/quote]

Did not check the condition since they came right off and the summer tires went on.
Yes big mistake at the time to get them to store the tires.
I have realized Ford does suck, never again.

Sherman GM is Worse! They cannot provide a mechanic to do any warrenty work and their customer relations suck compared Mcarthy GM!

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

The Rupert and Terrace dealerships are owned by the same people. As far as I know.[/quote]

re-read my post… I said I do not like the service “here” ,Terrace has better customer relations. The staff here are rude.I
know the Ford dealerships are owned by the same family…

I have two vehicles that I have regularly serviced at Sherman GM warranty or other work and I find their customer relations to be quite good actually. Too bad you have had bad luck. They even store my tires for free!

I called for a winter tire package estimate over a month ago and have yet to hear back. Obviously I just bought somewhere with real customer service. Their loss not mine. They must still be in the “We’re the only game in town” mentality. I wonder how many thousands they’ve lost because of their crappy service??

It’s a Ford dealership… they are not like Toyota and Honda. And by the sounds of it, Port City isn’t really an improvement over the old Kaien Ford.

As a suggestion for anybody sniffing for a good winter tire package, go to an actual tire shop. Dealerships will not give you better deal, not even Toyota (cost wise).

Actual, today, it really pays to shop around. At one time anything at any dealership was radically more expensive than at any jobber store.
Today this is not the case, some items are very competitive- others not so much.
Port City Ford is not really a dealership, Prince Rupert is just too small a market to support that.
It’s a satelite dealership, what that is is an extention of an actual dealship that trys to provide the bare minimum to a region that would otherwise be left unserviced.
Still this is no excuse for poor service but it does provide some context; they are small, they have a hard time atracting and keeping good staff (a huge reality in many trades in this area), they are accountable to a larger external owner and the comunity has limited finacial ability to support them.
They have a tough road to hoe…
Personally, I’ve used both dealerships mentioned in this post.
Both have failed my needs and is probably the main reason why I don’t drive a new vehicle.
I really hope they get it together, I don’t like the idea of a Prince Rupert without them…

Well the service at the Terrace Ford dealer is abysmal too. I once went there with a BC Govt vehicle for a regular winter service - the contract which the dealer bid on and won said that BC Govt vehicles would get preference etc and be done when promised etc etc. The vehicle wasn’t even ready by the end of the day, the headlight bulbs were blown because they made a mistake with the security system, and one tire was flat the next day … none of it was their fault of course.

No idea of customer service or that one day I personally might want or need to buy a new vehicle - which I now need to do and I can tell you one dealer who won’t get my business.

I’ve had abysmal service at Terrace Ford in the past… Brutal! To be fair though, I’ve had great service there too and bad service at other dealerships. I’m sure that everyone has a story about a particular dealership that would make us all cringe.

Heh, I think it’s just Ford Dealers. I had one unnamed dealer try and refuse to fix something on my car because I was nearing the end of my warranty. ie: I was still covered, but only for another 15-20 thousand or so … Had to call Ford and have the shit roll downhill, as it were, before they agreed to fix it.

The absolute worst was another unnamed shop in Terrace. Had to take them to court to get them to pay for a simple $20 mistake. It ended up costing them more than $500 by the time everything was settled. There’s a Life Pro Tip for you: Small Claims Court is super easy, and the people who work there really help you through it.