For Sale: 12" SoundSplinter RL-I

[quote=“bah”]

uhh i’ve seen your posts on here before, you have no clue what you’re talking about, do you even know what SoundSplinter is? When did I say a 12" would be better than 8"? I was just letting people know what size it is… :unamused: I also remember you being 100% sure that my friend’s prelude couldn’t have 2 15’s in it but what do you know? They must be fake subs or something because they seem to fit pretty nicely. Anyways, keep dreaming about that little ricer honda of yours, maybe one day you’ll actually have a clue as to what you’re talking about.

Um i think i have WAY MORE audio experriance and back ground than you do. all you know is how to hook it up color for color… DICK ALL… do what i do at night time… fixing and buiding audio YeS BUILDING IT… you buy it… i dont… if you dont believe me check my gallery. Car audio is easy i my dog could do a better job… So suck it…

I’m still waiting for this:

You also need a nice lesson on the English language again. I knew when I posted this thread, you’d find some way of chiming in, you always have to know more than everyone else hey? Let me know what 8" sub that was, and what that “$800 USD subwoofer” was. Also, if you’re so professional at this, what kind of system do you have?[/quote]

have a look…

jleaman.ath.cx/dac/

All home built… from scratch except my yamaha amp and my cd player… witch are just there for testing…

id like to see you design / develop a curcuit board and then etch it then build something…

the sub i was talking about was a 10" kicker C witch is rev1.1 of there subs compaired to a 800$ usd 15" sub… witch should have been bigger because of cone displacement and linear excersion. BUT the 10" won because of the box type. Bandpass… witch is more efficiant and can be louder but harder to tune and design / build…

You and I both know that if you have equal quality 8" vs. 12", setup to perform to the best of the capabilities, the 12" would kick its ass. You can’t say that an 8" sounds louder and better without stating first that the 12" isnt setup correctly. You better rethink you’re phrases before you make an ass of yourself.

agreed with Delirious

leaman your a fucking joke, and your cars a piece of crap stop bragging about stupid shit

“oh ya i spend everynight locked in my room building computer shit cause i’m a fucking loser with no life, let me see you try!”

i’ll pass thanks

oh back on topic, wicked sub, nice and low gets loud and retains sq while doing it

[quote=“jleaman”]

uhh i’ve seen your posts on here before, you have no clue what you’re talking about, do you even know what SoundSplinter is? When did I say a 12" would be better than 8"? I was just letting people know what size it is… :unamused: I also remember you being 100% sure that my friend’s prelude couldn’t have 2 15’s in it but what do you know? They must be fake subs or something because they seem to fit pretty nicely. Anyways, keep dreaming about that little ricer honda of yours, maybe one day you’ll actually have a clue as to what you’re talking about.

Um i think i have WAY MORE audio experriance and back ground than you do. all you know is how to hook it up color for color… DICK ALL… do what i do at night time… fixing and buiding audio YeS BUILDING IT… you buy it… i dont… if you dont believe me check my gallery. Car audio is easy i my dog could do a better job… So suck it…

I’m still waiting for this:

You also need a nice lesson on the English language again. I knew when I posted this thread, you’d find some way of chiming in, you always have to know more than everyone else hey? Let me know what 8" sub that was, and what that “$800 USD subwoofer” was. Also, if you’re so professional at this, what kind of system do you have?

have a look…

jleaman.ath.cx/dac/

All home built… from scratch except my yamaha amp and my cd player… witch are just there for testing…

id like to see you design / develop a curcuit board and then etch it then build something…

the sub i was talking about was a 10" kicker C witch is rev1.1 of there subs compaired to a 800$ usd 15" sub… witch should have been bigger because of cone displacement and linear excersion. BUT the 10" won because of the box type. Bandpass… witch is more efficiant and can be louder but harder to tune and design / build…[/quote]

So the question is, do you design your own amplification circuits, or do you just copy those from prexisting sources, and make a circuit to put it onto?

design my own… NOT all of them are my own…

So basically any quality amp you have “made yourself” is just some circuit you got off the net or out of a book that you put onto a circuit board?

Circuit board etching isn’t rocket science. Nor is soldering, or buying the correct resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc. Creating your own amplification circuits though, THEN putting them onto self made circuit boards, that’s pretty cool.

[quote=“TranscendingRationality”]So basically any quality amp you have “made yourself” is just some circuit you got off the net or out of a book that you put onto a circuit board?

Circuit board etching isn’t rocket science. Nor is soldering, or buying the correct resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc. Creating your own amplification circuits though, THEN putting them onto self made circuit boards, that’s pretty cool.[/quote]

There are a few cicruit’s that i have copied in my /dac directory there are a few amps in there that i have not copied but re produced at a lower voltage wth lower power out put… witch is called the mini a class a amplification. 15watts Class a not ab… im running 4 of them. the others are my designs from scratch class ab… both types use mosfet’s…

I built an amp last year in school, and then we fried a speaker and blew some caps. Great fun, Im a little rusty :wink: its been a year but cant you just buy some chips add a power supply and you have an amp… I forget the chips we had but I can look at my notes I believe tehy were jfet amps? my brain hurts Im going to sleep.

Edit we also built our own amplification circuits :wink: I should take some electronics courses…

Ps any of you lunix guys want a job? pay depends on your skills and you have to move to kelowna.

PM me for details

Oh and jason its WHICH not witch I am not a grammar nazi but come on… “witch” is only for halloween…

[quote=“jesus”]I built an amp last year in school, and then we fried a speaker and blew some caps. Great fun, Im a little rusty :wink: its been a year but cant you just buy some chips add a power supply and you have an amp… I forget the chips we had but I can look at my notes I believe tehy were jfet amps? my brain hurts Im going to sleep.

Edit we also built our own amplification circuits :wink: I should take some electronics courses…

Ps any of you lunix guys want a job? pay depends on your skills and you have to move to kelowna.

PM me for details

Oh and jason its WHICH not witch I am not a grammar nazi but come on… “witch” is only for halloween…[/quote]

The chip’s… LM3875 or Lm4870’s ? Maybe. ?

No idea :wink: I believe they were mosfet chips, but the amps we built were jfets :S thinking back it was 2 years ago now :wink: Last year was my assembly course… which will actually be useful in one of my projects. I have a box of old notes from that class somewhere if i get ambitious I will dig them out. I also have graphs from the ocilliscope as well… I should have taken the electronics degree rather than the networking one, since I already had a good understanding of network tech…

ps anyone wanna by a 4/8/16 camera security system?

oh and seriously if you want a job they are looking to get someone asap!

also I want the position filled so i can get off night shift :smile:

Haha too bad RangerWreck is in school, he’s pretty good with Linux.

Job sounds tempting, but engineering is the goal, so I had better stay my ass in school.

What do you need someone for, anyway?

Leaman, I think you still have my book about making amplifiers…

It’s not so much linux :frowning: more Virtuozzo/Cpanel/Plesk Its a helpdesk type position but no phone support which is a plus. Most issues we deal with are DNS/Mail server issues. Pay isnt the greatest but its a great buncha guys, I havnt learned much other than I hate Cpanel/Plesk

edit: Dont leave school for this job its not worth it :smiley: this is just to get me into the industry, I am probably leaving in a few months either to do my own thing or some other position.

Oh its a datacenter Tech job so yea basically anything to do with running servers. Just pm me if you are interested and if I know ya I will even put in a good word for you.

Only hackers use lunix.

[quote=“rangerwreck”]Job sounds tempting, but engineering is the goal, so I had better stay my ass in school.

What do you need someone for, anyway?

Leaman, I think you still have my book about making amplifiers…[/quote]

No you took it back… because you said you wanted to read it more…

Are you sure? I swear to god… I certainly don’t have it though, perhaps someone else does… if you find it though, I’d gladly pay for postage. Let me know if you do.

I was living at alistairs house when you took it back … If i had it i would ship it back but i don’t.