Flu Shot?

Lol, your stupidity amazes me some days dude. Seriously.

Jim Varney?..Diabolical alright… :unamused:

Know what I mean Vern?

I was trying to remember what his character was in those commercials, gas company ads weren’t they? Could be mistaken ! I have to admit I thought he was a fairly good stand-up but not too fond of his “Ernest” flicks though…Thanks bubbasteve… :sunglasses:

Ahahaha, I love Ernest. My favorite was The halloween one…

ahahahaha best answer ever!!

Seasonal flu shot has been cancelled through work…perhaps in January they say.
Thinking about giving the H1N1 out first…hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
I’ll just drink more O.J.  :sunglasses:

[

Mark Crislip
Science-Based MedicineCold Flusion?](http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=1940)
September 29, 2009 9:30:16 PM PDT (CA)

This is a quick entry to allow me to have a little spleen venting. And I am cross posting this over at Medscape.

Background for you youngsters. In 1989 two electrochemists Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons, announced they had successfully developed cold fusion: nuclear fusion at room temperature. Pons was chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Utah at the time and lent a fair amount of respectability to the announcement.

A great deal of brouhaha followed, but in the end “is heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.â€

I am not a scientist, but apparently the studies are based on a HIGHER outbreak of the Swine Flu at Burns Lake this past Spring. . A lot of those people were given the regular flu shot … there is no further data available. In my mind, it would make sense that if you already are at risk for the seasonal flu, and get that flu shot but not the other … would you not be at risk for getting the other just because you are at high risk, not really because you only got the one flu shot?  The reasoning is quite one sided or so it appears to me ???

How do you mean? Too scientific?

Pandemic confusion…

Swine Flu

More info on immunization:

Hi Soggy

I think I meant that the decision to give the seasonal flu shot to those over 65 now and then the H1N1 shot followed by the seasonal flu shot for everyone else … is lopsided in a way.  If you are at risk because of a comprised immune system ( ie you easily catch the flu, suffer from asthma, heart issues etc) it would make sense to give you both shots, the reg flu then the H1N1, as the timing of the seasonal flu is now … and the H1N1 later( Dec of Jan). If the CDC is basing the shot information change around on the outbreak in Burns Lake, I thought that more info would have been released, it 25 people (at risk) ( ie who have health issues) got the seasonal flu shot last year , and 13 people then got the H1N1 virus, … that would be approximately 50% got H1N1.  I am not sure if all those 13 people were in the same place ( ie long term care faciilty or at a general gathering  ) That is what I meant by lopsided … have I confused you even more !?

I don’t think they’d be basing their response on a single outbreak in a small area. I think the response is more due to not enough vaccines available this early. Some of the critics of
Canada’s response don’t know what we are basing our decision on medically.

A short clip from Michael Shermer on the “Conspiracy” behind the vaccine:

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Also, what is it about the American news channels that are so twitchy and covered with graphics and distractions?  They’re like the TV equivilant of 1995 webpages with the spinning logos and blinking text.

Their table is a tv? I don’t get it?
I’m surprised they don’t have a visitor counter.

I don’t see any of that here.