Firefox

Ok been using Firefox for a few months off and on and one thing that really bugs me is how it does tabs.

Can FF automatically open new tabs when you click on a link? Or if I choose something from my favs, or dropdown from the address bar it opens on the currently focused tab and I have to click back and open a new tab then go to the site again…

Like now I want to select a site from my address bar, I click on it and instead of opening a new tab with the site it opens it in this tab where Im writing this post. I want Firefox to open the site in a new tab automatically.

I dont see any options that allow that. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Click the link with your Mouse 3 button, and it will automatically open the link in a new tab.

you might have to install the extension that automatically grabs new window requests and converts them to ‘new tab’ .

[quote=“VMS”]Ok been using Firefox for a few months off and on and one thing that really bugs me is how it does tabs.

Can FF automatically open new tabs when you click on a link? Or if I choose something from my favs, or dropdown from the address bar it opens on the currently focused tab and I have to click back and open a new tab then go to the site again…

Like now I want to select a site from my address bar, I click on it and instead of opening a new tab with the site it opens it in this tab where Im writing this post. I want Firefox to open the site in a new tab automatically.

I dont see any options that allow that. Is this possible?

Thanks.[/quote]

I found this in the help menu. Hope it helps texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_reuse

Hmm, when I get home I just might have to do that as well! :bulb: The mouse 3 button seems simple enough, though.