Firefox keeps crashing

This just started last week.  And only crashes on Facebook when I receive my first message from an online friend.  Any clues of what is going on?  Right after I get a message, it closes down.  :cry:

FF 3.5.1 has been released.  I just upgraded today from 3.5.  The “very” annoying slow start-up on windows has been fixed.
Maybe the new version will work a little better for you.

Probably a plugin or extension loaded causing the crashing.  I know the number one cause of crashes on Safari is Flash, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing happens on Firefox.

Have you tried running Firefox in safe mode to see if it still crashes?  That may help diagnose the problem.  Close firefox completely (ie: so it’s not running, not in the task bar or anywhere else), then go to the start menu, programs, and find mozilla firefox (safe mode).  See if it still crashes with Facebook then.

Another common reason for crashing is a corrupted profile – this sometimes happens when you upgrade versions.  Try the safe mode first, and if it still crashes, let us know and we’ll show you how to try the new profile thing.

Thanks Mig.  I did try and use IE  :cry:, lol not a big IE fan; and it is a plugin problem after all.  Flash player. 

thanks for your help.