Fire

Yeah, I knew kids were getting into some crazy drugs but meth is pretty extreme… When I lived in alberta meth was the hip thing to do… I watched my friends totally convert… everytime you do it supposedly it takes 5 yrs off your life… I hope this meth shit isnt true… thats the last thing rupert needs.

its no use spreading complete bullshit about a drug thats already dangerous enough, meth does not take 5 yaers off your life every time you do it…

but yea, not a cool thing at all.

on the other hands, i think i’m going to build my house of of 100% chimney. i bet i had my shutter half pressed for a half hour waiting for it to fall…

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10203/normal_chimney.jpg

Someone mentioned that the people that lived in the apartments that didn’t have insurance, are getting a whopping $150 from social services. Glad they’re there to help. :unamused:

beats nothing?

Sure it beats nothing, but now there are going to be more homeless people and a lot of the people that lived there could barely look after themselves in the first place. I sure hope someone tries to sue the landlord or caretaker of the apartments… if it wasn’t for everyone knocking on doors and calling people that lived there, some people might not have made it out. It’s funny how the alarms worked until the day they were really needed. Murphy’s Law I guess.

The people who lost there homes in the fire lost everything, if it would be possible, could you bring any spare clothing or supplies to
Prince Rupert Fellowship Baptist Church
651 7th avenue east
624-9820

they will be delivered from there to the salvation army, and distributed to the victims of the Elizabeth Apartment Fire.

[quote] The people who lost there homes in the fire lost everything, if it would be possible, could you bring any spare clothing or supplies to
651 7th avenue east
624-9820

they will be delivered from there to the salvation army, and distributed to the victims of the Elizabeth Apartment Fire.[/quote]

We are doing our part in our community. Just in our house alone we have two large bags of clothes to help out.

My sis said it was pretty horrible hearing all those families crying watching everying they have, just go up in flames… :cry:

But it’s in our human nature to give a helping hand.

Oh yeah, what’s up with NTV? There top story “Which was the fire” did’nt get aired until 15 minutes into the new!

If it was up in Terrace…ah never mind :smiling_imp:

yah that fire was pretty awful, my friend was the last one out crazy shit, no fire alarms and the sprinklers didn’t work, how depressing. i hope some one sues too. :exclamation: my condolences. :cry:

Hopefully people will learn from this and go out and get tenant insurance so that they’re protected financially, should anything happen. When we lived in PR we had tenant insurance for less than $20/month. Our house never burned down, but atleast we wouldn’t be left with nothing if it did.

Does anyone have some more recent pics of the fire or what’s left after the fire?

Yeah, renter’s insurance is only going to cost me $170/year… when I actually get around to getting it.

It’s sweet, cuz all my stuff is worthless.

[quote=“Wild Gothem”]

[quote] The people who lost there homes in the fire lost everything, if it would be possible, could you bring any spare clothing or supplies to
651 7th avenue east
624-9820

they will be delivered from there to the salvation army, and distributed to the victims of the Elizabeth Apartment Fire.[/quote]

We are doing our part in our community. Just in our house alone we have two large bags of clothes to help out.

My sis said it was pretty horrible hearing all those families crying watching everying they have, just go up in flames… :cry:

Oh yeah, what’s up with NTV? There top story “Which was the fire” did’nt get aired until 15 minutes into the new!

If it was up in Terrace…ah never mind :smiling_imp:[/quote]

the reason it was late was because the fire was in rupert they left at three it takes two hours to get to terrace. its not like its a national station with live feeds.

[quote=“angelus”]

If it was up in Terrace…ah never mind :smiling_imp:

the reason it was late was because the fire was in rupert they left at three it takes two hours to get to terrace. its not like its a national station with live feeds.[/quote]

We all know how long it takes to get to terrace… Terrace is a vacation to most rupertites… its not too important.

Its because i was in vancouver, the news ALWAYS sucks when im not working. ahaha… *listens to prodigy-firestarter *

Spent 2 hours volunteering this morning at the donation dropoff at the universal. The place is completely packed with stuff! I’m surprised the floor doesn’t collapse from the weight.

That’s awesome hoshq… I’m going to unload a bunch of stuff there tomorrow as well.

Aside from how horrible this town can be… its really great how everyone helps out.

There’s a big stack of clothes sitting outside the Universal door right now as well. I hope no one makes a mess of it by the morning.

Can someone drop off come clothes at my place too? ive rather been bored of what im wearing.