Fire at Pineridge

Just in case any of you have children at Pineridge and have missed your calls, there has been a fire at the school in the staff room. There is no school for the next 3 days, we are asked to listen to the radio for more information as they figure things out.

Thanks for that.

Yeah.  Thanks for that.  My kid is going there in September.

Anyone got any pictures?

Just got a call from school, school closed for 4 months, they are making arrangements to finish school year off at Rooselvelt.

Roosevelt is going to be packed. Sure is gonna be a drag for those kids.

How extensive was the damage by the fire? To be closed for four months just because the staff room was affected…it had to be pretty destructive, right?

I’m going to just throw this out there… asbestos maybe? :wink:

Wow that sucks.  I know my son loved going there and it was a pretty good school.

Hmmmmm…I just heard on the radio that Pineridge will open on Monday.  Are you sure about your information? :confused:

My daughter goes to school there, got a call from her teacher, there will be moving the kindergarden students and staff to Roosevelt. this was about 10 o’clock last nite. She said may be Tuesday or Wednesday her first day at Roosevelt to finish year off.

might not be fare off jesus…

Classrooms will be going together with the teacher to Roosevelt, Westview and Lax Kleen.

Thanks for the update:-)  The radio got it wrong, heh-heh. :smiley:
I hope that the crew can fix it in the next 3-4 months so that the children and staff are not too inconvenienced by this.

I spoke with the principal this morning, he said that the main problem is the ventilation system. 

The fire was quite small but the ventilation system sucked all the smoke up and blew it through the school.  A lot of it was captured by the fiberglass insulation and will take a while to be cleared out.  They may have to replace the entire system.