Ferry ridership down on routes to and from Rupert

The summer tourism season is more than halfway done, and stats from BC Ferries show that the number of people travelling the marine highway on the North Coast is down from the same time last year.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 64778.html

Not surprising BC Ferries has out priced it self. Far too costly for familes …walk on is bad enough but add a vechile and you break the bank. On the Port Hardy run the only people I know who use it are traveling on medical trips for which the cost is reduced.

Its all part of the plan. Raise costs til ridership is almost nothing then cancel the service claiming its unused/unwanted. Raise prices on lower mainland routes to new highs profit.

this is “Exactly” what is happening… the ship costs so much to run…was just a matter of time that we were going to get cut off our route to port hardy. The talk or running from Rupert to Vancouver just made me laugh !!!
and don’t cross your fingers that the rates might drop… now that’s a friggin joke…
the ships are : the Northern Expedition… Northern Adventure… and our old Queen of Prince Rupert. I saled on her last voyage, and now wish I kept the stateroom key… heh heh…

Rather than building a 30 million dollar dock in klemtu for 250 people, the bc gov. should of stepped up the subsidy to make it cheaper for us residents of northern bc to ride the ferry. What a joke…