Federal Election

PC!

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10006/normal_100_1554.JPG

No, Western Alienation is basically whining that democracy isn’t fair, because a majority of voters don’t live in the west.

That’s Reform in a nutshell. We don’t like the current system, because we’re a minority.

Aren’t the local candidates something to think about as well?

[quote=“Charles_T”]PC!

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10006/normal_100_1554.JPG[/quote]

President’s Choice makes b33r?!??!?!?!?!

Why wasn’t I informed?!!?!?!

Maybe, but how do you explain Bill Belsey?

Who is the Reform candidate anyway? I see lots of stuff for the Liberals and the NDP, but no Reform stuff yet.

brand new low…

Bill Belsey is the former president of the Prince Rupert Minor Hockey Association. He has my support!

Looks like Andy Burton is running again locally, and he’s not a Bill Belsey crash-test-dummy candidate, so the Reform Party might have a chance afterall.

Andy’s actually intelligent, and doesn’t try to hide his political beliefs, so you have to respect that.

What do you have against Bill?

I don’t have anything personally against him. In fact, he seems like a decent guy.

It’s just he’s never answered any question ever asked of him. Period. He doesn’t know how the government works, he doesn’t know how his own party works. On 6 different occasions he has said he was voting one way, and then when the vote came up, he voted with the party, contrary to what he said he would do.

In fact, he personally phoned me the night before the election, promising to vote one way on a certain issue, which he didn’t. He basically lied to me.

He doesn’t come across as very intelligent.

Does that mean you won’t vote for him again?

And why do you keep referring to the Conservatives as the Reform? They’re a different party now, the Conservatives, the party which founded the country…

I didn’t vote for him.

No, they are the Reform Party. They have nothing in common with the Progressive Conservatives. Nothing.

I mean if the NDP decided to call themselves “The Conservative Party of Canada” it doesn’t mean they really are. You can’t change your name, keep the same people, and expect there to be a real change.

The proof that MiG is right ( again!): Joe Clark doesn’t endorse the "new’ conservative party. Say what you want but Clark is a statesman who believes in this country. His support is essential. Harper is no statesman, he is just another politician who’s agenda is linked to oil business.

I used to think of BC as a “left” place, or at least that’s what I thought the first time I came to BC (back in '94). Then I move here and find you have conservative wannabes at the federal level, and conservatives pretending to be liberals at the provincial level. What happened? Were my preceptions wrong, or did BC change?

I’m sure you could find the 2001 election results online, but generally what happened is the Green Party split the non-right vote with the NDP.

The Left in BC fell victim to the same thing that’s been happening in federal elections with the Right in the west.

In Prince Rupert, for example, Bill Belsey received 45 % of the vote. I’m not sure how much of that was a protest vote, but I doubt that he has a 45 % approval rating now. The problem is the vote split, of course.

I think what needs to happen in BC is for a new non-NDP, non-redneck party to establish itself. A centrist or left of centre party. Perhaps somebody like the federal Liberals. Ah, but they can’t use the Liberal name – that’s been hijacked.

Another example of the Reformers using another party’s name.

The BC Liberals have nothing in common with the Liberal Party of Canada. Most BC Liberals will actually vote for the Conservative Party. Which is proof that both parties are actually the Reform Party.

And now the BC NDP have joined the Liberals:

mms://66.46.213.202/archives/bcteam.wmv

Umm Hoshq they said they have always backed the NDP, today there is a better choice. Meaning they think they are better. Mixed messages :unamused:

The Federal Liberals are closer to the thinking of the BC NDP than one would think.

Certainly most people who voted for the BC Liberals won’t be voting for the Federal Liberals. They’ll be voting for the Reform party.

Remember boys and girls, the Reform Party is the party that doesn’t believe in dinosaurs, 'cause they’re not in the bible.

A couple of great quotes from the Reform Party’s candidate in OkanaganCoquihalla (and their current defence and foreign affairs critic):

“As a Christian, I acknowledge the lordship of Jesus Christ over the whole universe … I believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God and every word in it, cover to cover, is true.”

“Homosexuality is a mental disorder that can be cured through counselling.”

Stockwell Day is an idiot. How could anybody vote for a party that has him as a candidate?

Could be worse. At least people aren’t voting for the Christian Heritage Party…

“the only federal party that endorses the principles of the Preamble to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in the Canadian Constitution”

http://www.chp.ca/

[quote=“MiG”]
A couple of great quotes from the Reform Party’s candidate in OkanaganCoquihalla (and their current defence and foreign affairs critic):

“As a Christian, I acknowledge the lordship of Jesus Christ over the whole universe … I believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God and every word in it, cover to cover, is true.”

“Homosexuality is a mental disorder that can be cured through counselling.”[/quote]

What is wrong with either of those quotes?