Fahrenheit 911 trailer

fahrenheit911.com/

The trailer is online.

You think we’ll see the film on bittorrent before we see it in Rupert?

I’ve mirrored the clip at

menino.com/fahrenheit_911.asf

if you don’t like the streaming thing.

Ray Bradbury: “Michael Moore is an asshole”

blogs.salon.com/0001561/2004/06/02.html#a5394

Um, it’s a different title. 911. Not 451. So like, he didn’t copy it.

So if I wrote a book or made a movie and called it “2002: A Space Odyssey” it would be ok?

Nah, he should have asked permission. It’s certainly fair use… it’s only an allusion, and he used it knowing that it would make a statement. He certainly meant it as a reference to Bradbury’s work.

No big deal, it will still be worth watching. It looks like it follows in the footsteps of that great CBC documentary on the Bush-bin Laden connection (what was that called?).

So does this mean you’ll get upset when I buy hackingthemainframe.ca and start my own messageboard?

The biggest criticism that I’ve heard about Michael Moore is that he doesn’t provide citations for the claims he makes, at least in his books. Noam Chomsky is a better writer. However, isn’t it interesting that the people most likely to see a movie by either Moore or Chomsky likely already share the same world view? Personally I would take a Canadian documentary by the CBC before I’d see more movies by either of the above. I’ve noticed that CBC’s documentaries (such as those found on Fifth estate) are well balanced and not from the American point of view, yet they examine issue important to Americans. I wonder how many American satellite tv owners watch the CBC?

There was a CBC one called “Conspiracy Theories” or something like that. All about 9/11. I thought I had it saved here somewhere.

Here’s the website:

cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/

I’m sure I have the full video somewhere.

Ah, ok found it.

It’s about 155 megs, though.

I’m going to upload it, perhaps bittorrent it, I dunno. Maybe even make a compressed quicktime version.

If you’d like a copy, e-mail me. I’m not going to post a link, cause it’s too big.

Congressman: “Sit down, my son. We don’t read most of the bills.”

John Conyers was one of the only (the only?) representative to vote against the “blank cheque” to invade Iraq. He was also one of the few who voted against the Vietnam resolutions in 1965 as well.

He sounds like a smart guy. Good thing the Terminator never got him!

[quote=“MiG”]
No big deal, it will still be worth watching. It looks like it follows in the footsteps of that great CBC documentary on the Bush-bin Laden connection (what was that called?).[/quote]

Acutally it was on last night. I missed the first 15 mins or so but the rest was highly interesting. Ive been waiting for the trailer to come out and yes I’d bet the movie will be a torrent before (if ever) it hits Rupert.

The Saudi’s and the Bin Laden group are very chummy with the Bush family. I’d like to see if Moore goes into any greater detail that the Fifth Estate did in their piece.