Explorer Refresh

Does anyone know a piece of html code that will make Explorer actually refresh from a website instead of it’s cache?
I’m really tired of telling people who don’t believe you that the content is changed. Yesterday a lady came in and her Explorer was loading a page cached in 1999!

I don’t understand this: the webcam saves an image with the same name every 30 seconds and hitting refresh updates the pic. But further down is a graphic that changes twice a week and it won’t change. Even if you go to website/folder/graphic.gif and refresh. Sometimes it even pulls a 2 week old version from it’s cache!
This is driving me nutz and I’m still looking for a fix.
:open_mouth:

More advice needed: an editor program for php pages. If i call it up with notepad, because it’s active, it loads the activated code instead of the actual file. IE the random poll code doesn’t come down, but one of the random picks is imbedded in the page. ??

For question one:

For question two:
There are several. I use PHPedit.
You can search on Google for “PHP IDE” for more.

-or-

Just some fun options.

okay, i haven’t tried any of the tricks yet. I’m just at the point of FU MSoft, I shouldn’t have to write special code for your useless browser.
Out off sheer stubbornness I check my site a couple times a day with Explorer. It’s the 14th of July and is still showing the theatre ad that ran out July 9th every time. It’s set to check for new versions of page every visit.
Netscape works
Mozilla works
Opera works
Firefox works
Explorer doesn’t. It’s going to show the same graphic until I dump the cache and that’s all there is to it.

I shall instruct my staff to mock Internet Explorer users. I came back from the treaty office having successfully jibed them that “NOBODY over 13 uses MSN Explorer” and showing them Firefox. THree of them were instaling it as I left…

What’s MSN Explorer?

that butterfly thing i delete off every windows XP that passes thru my field of vision. MUST kill the butterfly, MUST kill the butterfly…

Anyone checked out XPde yet?